New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /me feels dumb

If there's a joke in that I don't know the reference.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
      * Straybow feels dumb

If there's a joke in that I don't know the reference.
      I refer, of course, to our old friends "Ctrl" and "N" (as a simple alternate plan for Senor Slow). And yes, there is a semi-reference to a classic response in the Hate Mail section of The Immortal Maddox:

(See his answer to email number three, complete with picture. If you ever need to write something to an ALL CAPS TYPIST, and sarcasm is called for? Then so is plagiarism!)
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Oh. I was trying to come up with a line from a movie or TV show. Goodfellas? Scarface? Batman?

Anyway, I've got $5 for the lucky sub who has to figure out complicated trade deals and slog thru 50 cities of production. And dodge rocks lobbed from the Zagros mountains.

You, Peaster, and Zedd can match it and we'll get a Walmart gift card. It's a foolproof plan.
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Trade abounds in Minoan waters, and we are hopefull that peace has resolved to overcome the fears of our neighbors.

FYI
          ST edited a freeze for me (I forgot it last turn) but I sent him the wrong file to edit. So I dl'd a hex edit tool and edited the correct file myself. I have before and after copies if anyone wishes to test them for other changes, but honestly I only know how to change the date stamp on the file, the rest is greek to me. (Sorry Aga )

Oh and one more item.....COLTS!!! WOOO HOOOO!
          Attached Files
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Barter money has to come from the other guy, so "and gives you 1000g" should be noticed rather quickly...

Comment

• Have you guys started any wars yet?
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Sorry, dp. I fell asleep.
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• We're actually trying to avoid war. Units in this scenario are much weaker defenders than regular Civ2 or even SMAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by techumseh
                    Have you guys started any wars yet?
                    Well...no.....

But there's been some VERY nasty threatening, and even promises of harm!
                    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• The greet king will go for ....ehm.... "business" holiday for two weeks now

There are no big deals in my turn, I have attached a small what-to-do file for whomever will sub me (if so)...

Peasteress offered to sub; for the case she cannot sub, here is a small file with instructions.

Thanks in advance
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Have a good trip, kengelmemnon!

Consul Straybow II is jealous of all the paranoia in the east. He feels entitled to a little bit of his own paranoia. So, just in case it isn't mentioned in the to-do list (it is the kind of detail easily overlooked), here is a super-secret reminder of a trade agreement:
                        Spoiler:
                        Nevermind; deliveries suspended while the king vacations

Comment

• Peasteress has King Kengel's instructions and will follow them precisely (for the usual fee, of course). As I wrote Kengel,

"I guess she should take only the actions you list. I will not read your instructions, or view your position. If she has to use civ2dip, I will probably have to help her a little, but I can probably do that without looking at the screen or reading the barters."

If anyone has any objection to her subbing, just say so.

If Straybow plays soon, maybe she can also use Kengel's instructions to play the Bab turn.

Comment

• I see no probs with Peasteress subbing for the kengel. Slo comes back Mon, so we'll start his clock Mon evening (two days from this post). I'm posting now so that I don't waste more time fiddling with it.

Hittite merchants scurry along the roads and brave the seas. Engineers build roads at record pace.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I am back from mountains of Ukraina (Dragobrat), thank you for your offers of subbing (especially to Kull ), but I wasn't able to communicate from there.
                              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I'm surprised nobody was willing to sub for a whole $5. Maybe if the others had chipped in...

Peaster, how much does the Peasteress get for her Ctrl-N duties?

Comment

Working...
                                X