No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rather meant you don't have to hurry now.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
      I will be travelling in wilderness between Feb 2th-12th, so please wait to me if needed.
      C'mon man, be daring! Let the AI run things in your absence? How much damage could it do?
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I am handing fate of Babylon over to your magnanimousness

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
          I'll be back home late this evening. I need to get a couple of barter files to Peaster in case he can hurry his turn.

We've done five players in three days before, but that was a weekend.
          I am waiting for 1-2 barters (Straybow and/or Zedd?), and probably won't be able to play until tomorrow. It appears that Persia is now at war.... with Minos! Hopefully, this is some mistake of the AI which we can fix with another barter.

Comment

• Your envoys contacted Minoa twice during my turn. The first time we denied conversation and I was warned, the second time I also denied but didn't see the result and stupidly did not check the diplo screen.

Add that to the long list of FUBAR moves from Minoa this turn.

Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Ack! I guess Peaster didn't get my Jan 29 email. Will resend.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• OK. We can end that war with a barter after my turn.

But Minos also has a bartered unit, which needs unfreezing. So, I guess we need a hex-edit by ST, before the next Minoan turn (unless someone else knows how to do it). I have not started yet, but can play by tomorrow night, hopefully giving ST time to edit my save before he leaves.

IIRC we've done this before. But does anyone object to the hex-edit?

Comment

• No objection here.
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                    IIRC we've done this before. But does anyone object to the hex-edit?
                    Proceed.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Minoan unfreeze
                      I am not sure if I understood the problem: Did Minos forget to unfreeze his unit before his 2440 turn?
                      I don't know how to repair it by hexediting the save, and I would have to study how Yaroslav did unfreeze or ask him.
                      But there is an easy way how to repair it: the unfreeze barter (valid before Minoan 2440 turn) must be hexedited so that it can be applied before Min 2430 turn. This hexediting is easy (at least several people here said they would be able to do it), and it is described in my list of new rules several pages ago.
                      I can do it also myself if somebody sends the void barter, but these days I am home only sparsely.

A new CivDip bug
                      During my 2430 turn I tried to acquire a tech by CivDip, but it didn't work. The situation was tested with another tech, and it worked! After some more testing the result is:
                      Some techs cannot be bartered, CivDip ignores them.

This problem may be solved
                      a) by a MP session
                      b) by hexediting
                      c) I could make a tool that would add techs, as the problem may appear again.

a) may not be always available, so I think b) or c) should be allowed as substitute ways.
                      Please let me know which method you prefer or if there are any objections.

Comment

• No new Babylonians spotted in Persia this year; war has been postponed. Persian philosophers conceive of a Republic, but King Sinbad is not sure about the merits of this new idea just yet.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• The greek gladly hear, that there seems a chance of peace in the world...
                          A chance for Lov'n'Peace

Kings, I will be away for two weeks between 10th and 25th Feb.

Any suggestions, how to proceed during my turn? If there is a sub, he is welcomed!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I guess it will be a slow month...

Maybe Slo can train a one-turn sub. Should only take a dozen pages of notes.

Then kengel could play 2420 before the 10th. We'd only need a one-turn sub for kengel when he's gone.

Comment

• DP...

We can take up a collection for the sucker volunteer who subs for Babylon.
                              Last edited by Straybow; February 2, 2007, 13:07.

Comment

• All it would take is just two.....little.....keys......gah.

Comment

Working...
                                X