No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egyptian skirmishers pull back from Agade, unsurprised by the eternal rudeness of the Babylonians.
    Attached Files
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Kengal should be posting soon, however I will not be available to play until Sunday evening. Would the Peasteress grant an extra day to the chronologicly challenged?
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• We are currently on the Persian turn, so Minoans have no time crunch.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Despite Babylonian warnings (which we do take seriously), Persian engineers have continued public works within Persian borders. It was our intention to avoid stacking at this sensitive time, but Persian planning was imperfect. We guarantee Babylon that the stack contains only the engineer and a skirmisher. We have not made advances to claim borders this year, though Babylonian scouts did advance slightly in the Zagros.

Somewhat as a formality, we ask Babylon to withdraw her troops in the Zagros behind the Tushpa line, and to withdraw her scout from the city radius of Borazjan.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Babylonian scouts did NOT advance in the Zagros. Our scout at Borazjan is INSIDE Babylon. Persia is asked to re-read where is her border, valid from 2890.

We really don't like to hear the phrase Muster pla 'Tushpa line'.
            (It should be explained that in all internal documents Babylon replaces the 'Tushpa line' by a 'Muster place' (to attack Babylon from).)
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I did not say your Borazjan scout was over the line. But it did advance, and if you can complain about Persians near Zariqum, I can complain too!

We shall replace 'Babylon' by 'Huge nation which regards all neighbors as enemies'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster We shall replace 'Babylon' by 'Huge nation which regards all neighbors as enemies'.
                Truer words were never spoken.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• So now Babylon can put one stack to Mari's radius and another one to Tushpa's radius and you both will regard Babylon as a friend?

It is remarkable that 'all neighbours' (read 'Egypt and Persia') are trying to create incidents with Babylon in concert. The Egyptian skirmisher left Agade only after Babylonian militia showed patience and didn't bring in an operation against the garden-tramplers. The western Zagros was quiet, so Sinbad sent engineers, envoys and unknown number of units in stacks there.
                  It is also interesting that the 'Huge Nation' commands absolutely no respect. 'Weak Nations' trample Babylonian gardens and provoke in Zagros without any fear.

Comment

• Babylon already has a horseman camped within two squares of an Egyptian city, while Egypt removed our skirmisher after a friendly request was denied. Babylon is a paranoid, aggressive neighbor. And that's a simple fact.

Comment

• >Egypt removed our skirmisher after a friendly request was denied

The Immortal doesn't understand why the Egyptian skirmisher had to provoke Agadians for 3 turns before Egypt removed him.

>Babylon is a paranoid, aggressive neighbor.

It seemed you regretted that Babylonians "regard Egyptians as enemies". So what are these strong words for? Do you think we will regard you as friends after we read them??

>Babylon already has a horseman camped within two squares of an Egyptian city

Despite of her 'agressiveness', Babylon will withdraw her horseman at Anatu. But we ask Egypt leaves the grassland square free so that the horse can re-enter, check ZOCs and see Euphrat.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• I edited the list of rules on this page. Two rules were added to the end.
                          Last edited by SlowThinker; December 13, 2006, 13:16.

Comment

• It is likely that Zedd is once again unavailable until Sunday...
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Hmm. I don't have a problem with occasional delays, but Zedd needs to post a request for more time, along with some kind of explanation.

Comment

• I would prefer some words in advance too, but I have no big problem as long as we will catch up on the delay.

Comment

Working...
                                X