No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, way back when I screwed up I experimented with the Repair feature on the save following Germanos' completion of HG and it worked.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
      I never tried it. But people say it works. It is among the options (make a barter, view a barter, make a a map), so try it with the Bab save.
      Thanks for the advice, it did work. I lose an entire turn's use of the new wonder (and @30 shields), but I suppose that's better than nothing.

Note to Minos: Why did your horseman drive westward to just above Anatu? I forgot to cntrl-n, which is the only reason my chariot moved. Please return him to the patrol zone closer to Dibshiya.
      Attached Files
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• My internet connection has been down at home for 1-2 days. I just DL'd Kull's save from work, and I hope to play/post by tomorrow. At worst, I can post my save Monday morning from work.

Comment

• Not much to report. Odd that Babylon would complain about Persian engineers moving inside Persian borders. On second thought, maybe not.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Babylon can confirm both a Persian envoy and an engineer stay on Persian territory.
            But the fact that Persia is sending such units next to a disputed area sounds very aggressively. From her side Babylon strictly avoided such acts.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Greeks are happy and fruitful
              Attached Files

Comment

• Minoa is a Flurry of activity, domestic business is prime, and International trade is expected to increase dramaticly with Ara-Sijo growing so fast.
                Attached Files
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Press release from Sec. Tonu Snohu

The election furor has died down and the new majority in the Senate will not convene until all the Senators have traveled from their distant cities. Traffic on Hittites roads has slowed some as plans for the next objective must await the decisions of the Senate.

Despite all the bluster expect business as usual in Hatte.
                  Attached Files
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Three turns in three days, the Peastress must be pleased.
                    Wizards sixth rule:
                    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Of course I am pleased

but poor Peasteress has no work to do

Comment

• Bab 2470

9 of 10 Babylonian prophets are saying Hourigalzur should be named Tyre.
                        Prophets brought absolutely no explaination why it should be done. The day before yesterday they occupied the garden of merchant Bishtra and shouted out their request very loudly. The Immortal ordered two first groups of pests to be electrocuted. But today he gave in, since all stingrays were depleted. Hourigalzur has been renamed to Tyre.

In the face of Persian envoys at Zagros, Babylonian governors of colonies in Persia refuse to sell high technologies (those unknown in Persia; especially the super-cheap Omnipotents) to the Persian army.
                        Gardeners of Agade complain Egyptians continue to trample their patches. Another group of Agade's militia has been sent to examine the situation.
                        And the Egyptian C2 evidently likes to stay at striking distance of Dibshiya. Are Egyptians really unable to produce more appropriate scouts? And to better nurture the appropriate ones?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Bab 2470

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                          9 of 10 Babylonian prophets are saying Hourigalzur should be named Tyre.
                          Prophets brought absolutely no explaination why it should be done. The day before yesterday they occupied the garden of merchant Bishtra and shouted out their request very loudly. The Immortal ordered two first groups of pests to be electrocuted. But today he gave in, since all stingrays were depleted. Hourigalzur has been renamed to Tyre.
                          Methinks perhaps twas the supply of electric eels as was depleted?

Gardeners of Agade complain Egyptians continue to trample their patches. Another group of Agade's militia has been sent to examine the situation.
                          And the Egyptian C2 evidently likes to stay at striking distance of Dibshiya. Are Egyptians really unable to produce more appropriate scouts? And to better nurture the appropriate ones?
                          As a gesture of goodwill, Pharoah has withdrawn the C2 from the vicinity of Dibshiya, and replaced it with a Skirmisher. Perhaps the ruler of Babylon might show a reciprocal act of generosity and allow the Egyptians near Agade a glimpse of it's fabled walls, after which they promise to withdraw from thy gardens with all due dispatch. Simply withdraw one of thy skirmishers within it's walls and we shall depart the area immediately.
                          Attached Files
                          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Persian scholars welcome the delivery of two new tomes to the Great Library. Donkeys and hay are cleared out to provide additional reading areas. Persian farmers receive training as sailors and set out to explore the seas. Gnomes work silently on secret projects in their dark valleys. Our generals are concerned about Babylonian hostility, and border encroachments, such as the skirmisher fortified on iron ore in the Zagros, clearly past the Tushpa line.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I am sorry to say that I am on a weekend trip without having the civ CD-
                              Back on monday....
                              Have a nice weekend

Comment

• Egyptian skirmisher at Agade

Originally posted by Pharoah
                                As a gesture of goodwill, Pharoah has withdrawn the C2 from the vicinity of Dibshiya, and replaced it with a Skirmisher. Perhaps the ruler of Babylon might show a reciprocal act of generosity and allow the Egyptians near Agade a glimpse of it's fabled walls, after which they promise to withdraw from thy gardens with all due dispatch. Simply withdraw one of thy skirmishers within it's walls and we shall depart the area immediately.
                                Babylon definitely wants symmetrical relationship with Egypt and also symmetrical acts of goodwill/generosity. We are appreciating the Egyptian act, and as a reciprocal act we can drive a C2 in striking distance of Anatu and then withdraw it (or render any similar act; anyway we do not intend to reveal mystic stones of Agade's walls).

Concerning Agade:
                                Egyptian skirmishers came to Agade on the quiet and despite of protests of Agadians they were trampling the gardens for 3 years. In the meantime Pharaoh pronounced words like "deceiver", "lies and paranoia", "falsehood", "deceit", all related to Babylon.
                                And suddenly Pharaoh asks for a favor?? Frankly said we expected rather an excuse and an immediate retreat.

In past The Immortal offered Babylon could accept Egyptian units yet at Bab cities, but only under condition of very good relationship between Egypt and Babylon. But so far we noticed no indication that Egypt would want a good relationship with us.
                                Last edited by SlowThinker; November 27, 2006, 15:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X