New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press conference with Secretary Tonu Snohu:

In the wake of midterm elections overturning Consul Straybow's majority in the Senate, Secretary of Defense Donos Rummeadow has resigned.

Rummeadow was an advocate of the "shock and awe" strategy of rapid strike 4-horse chariots. Unfortunately the expense of bringing these machines of war and the technology to build them online delayed execution of the strategy. The "just attack the bastards" strategy allowed Egypt to claim a larger portion of the spoils.

Now that there isn't any fighting going on, Consul Straybow has appointed an old family friend to the position. He says, and I quote, "I'm already accused of nepotism, so I might as well indulge."
    Attached Files
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
      Must.Have.Pharoah.Avatar.

QFRightClickSaveAs...
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Another new (to me) bug/feature: It is possible to discover how many units are in an opponent's stack (and sometimes in a city). Do we want a rule against this?

Hi, you probably do not know me as I've almost never posted in this forum before. But you certainly know Eivind as creator of scens like Blitzkrieg or Belle Epoque. Some days ago I had a discussion about a "trick" in Civ2 I discovered years ago and which is used on German Webring Forum in every...

BTW: I think nobody spoke in favor of allowing the nil-trade exploit that ST brought up. So, I suppose we have a rule against it now. [No objections?]

Comment

• I have already voted against the "nil" commodity trade window exploit.

Not that it matters at this point in the game, but I suppose Kull has been informed of the Ceremonial Burial preq mix-up for fixing the scenario distribution files?

Comment

• Bab 2480

It looks Negruans found a safe place for their new city.

An alarming information from western Babylon: In disputed western part of Pers-Bab border we spotted Persian Engineers and Envoys approaching the ZOC-line. Does Sinbad intend to ruin remaining relationships between Babylon and Persia?

The Immortal

Edit:
            Babylonian guards encountered an Egyptian C2 at striking distance of Dibshiya. It looks this unit moved at its own will and only after general Mekret ended his orders. We ask next time general Mekret orders more clearly that units shall not move.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SlowThinker; November 12, 2006, 08:50.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Dead souls
              This turn I opened the Hittite save and found out I forgot to unfreeze a farmer from Dibshiya. So I aplied the unfreeze barter ... and it increased number of my units by 1 (while number of Minoan units stayed unchanged).
              From my experience number of units is equal to sum of all units (except special units - farmers, vans, envoys) in Defense Minister window. So I compared this window in both saves and it was number of skirms that was increased by 1, number of farmers stayed unchanged!
              So I counted my skirmishers ... and I found out Defense Minister reports 4 skirms that don't exist.

I also noticed I get a unit into army strength if I get a unit (even it is still frozen), but I didn't catch the moment when units that are pased away are deducted.
              Anyway I gave away more than 4 skirms, so it doesn't explain the overrated numbers.

I remember also Assyria had 1 fake unit at end of The War, but I thought it was an exception.

ST the player

Comment

• rules corner

Originally posted by Peaster
                I think nobody spoke in favor of allowing the nil-trade exploit that ST brought up. So, I suppose we have a rule against it now. [No objections?]
                Although it is not official, we have a habit "anybody can veto any new rule". At least we followed this habit since I came here a brought a set of new rules.
                So (IMO) you can veto this new rule:
                A production of [nil] caravans is forbidden.

Originally posted by Peaster
                Another new (to me) bug/feature: It is possible to discover how many units are in an opponent's stack (and sometimes in a city). Do we want a rule against this?
                I think it would be a serious change in the middle of our game (IMO more serious than the [nil] caravan bug, because it probably works only for one van per turn), so I strongly prefer to forbid it...
                ...unless somebody knew it and counted with it / based his strategy on this trick. In that case I will only complain he should probably warn us about this trick and include it in the list of allowed exploits. But we have no rule that people is obliged to report tricks they know.

Originally posted by Straybow
                Not that it matters at this point in the game, but I suppose Kull has been informed of the Ceremonial Burial preq mix-up for fixing the scenario distribution files?
                Did I miss something?

Edit: the subject added
                Last edited by SlowThinker; November 28, 2006, 12:37.

Comment

• Did I miss something

According to support diagrams Class Structure is supposed to be preq for Ceremonial Burial, but instead Horse Training is preq.

(IMO more serious than the [nil] caravan bug, because it probably works only for one van per turn)

Nope, it can work on any number of cities.

Looks like I forgot to vote against the stack counting exploit.

Comment

• I edited my turn report.

>Nope, it can work on any number of cities.

How can it be done? Did you read the thread at CivFanatics? All people thinks only 1 van works.

Comment

• Only one commodity for each city, the first in the supply list. But every city can do it.

Comment

• Egypt just lost another wonder. 400 shields down the drain. Oh, I did get a lovely Bronze Infantry unit. He's very pretty.
                        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• CivDip will save the shields! Use 'repair production' or how the function is called.

Comment

• Repair

Hmmm, Zedd prolly shoulda announced completion of teh wonder. I didn't think about it 'cause I'd jumped his case for building Palace of Knossos before Necho, so I knew it was coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                              CivDip will save the shields! Use 'repair production' or how the function is called.
                              I have no idea how one would do that.
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I never tried it. But people say it works. It is among the options (make a barter, view a barter, make a a map), so try it with the Bab save.

If it fails I can also hexedit the save.

Comment

Working...
                                X