No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharoah departs from Memphis for the next three days, so we can't afford to wait any longer for word back from our emissaries.
    Attached Files
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Not much to report this turn... spotted a few Minoans at work. A few Bab skirmishers have wandered over the border. They are not really causing much trouble, but our gnomes don't seem to like it.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinbad
        A few Bab skirmishers have wandered over the border.
        Indeed this is a nice way how to inform that a Persian skirmisher has entered into radius of Bab city Zariqum.
        The usual Sinbad's approach to borders creation ("I decided this is Persia. Howgh.") doesn't meet with a sympathy in Babylon. We must repeat the Bab-Pers western borders weren't established yet. And we don't think it was a Babylonian fault.

Agade's militia reports the Egyptian skirmishers didn't follow our appeal to leave the District and are trying to slip towards Agade. Citizens of Agade are indignant and Babylonian State Department enters an official protest.
        Last edited by SlowThinker; November 1, 2006, 12:53.
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker Agade's militia reports the Egyptian skirmishers didn't follow our appeal to leave the District and are trying to slip towards Agade. Citizens of Agade are indignant and Babylonian State Department enters an official protest.
          Yes, the omnipotent power of a single skirmisher has the entire Babylonian Empire all a-tremble. *Yawn*

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• It appears Babylonian skirmishers are even more omnipotent than Egyptian ones.
            We are reminding an Egyptian protest in 2580: "The peaceful Babylonians have now marched units within 2 squares of Tell Hariri".
            Attached Files

Comment

• Babylonian chroniclers called my attention to a recent case of a Bab horseman near Mari.
              Indeed, you can notice interesting differences:
              • Babylonian horseman was invited to Mari
              • he came and Babylon announced his visit
              • horseman was asked to leave
              • so he left immediately
              (Pharaoh didn't yawn at all but intimidated by an Egyptian magician)
              • Egyptian skirmisher wasn't invited to Agade
              • he came on the quiet
              • he was asked to leave
              • but he stays and tries to get closer to the city
              (Pharaoh yawns)

Last edited by SlowThinker; November 2, 2006, 15:50.

Comment

• Nothing new from the top left corner of the world...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                  Babylonian chroniclers called my attention to a recent case of a Bab horseman near Mari.
                  Indeed, you can notice interesting differences:
                  • Babylonian horseman was invited to Mari
                  • he came and Babylon announced his visit
                  • horseman was asked to leave
                  • so he left immediately
                  (Pharaoh didn't yawn at all but intimidated by an Egyptian magician)
                  • Egyptian skirmisher wasn't invited to Agade
                  • he came on the quiet
                  • he was asked to leave
                  • but he stays and tries to get closer to the city
                  (Pharaoh yawns)

As usual, the Great Deceiver of the South has omitted a key detail - namely that Babylon and the whole world new of the existence of BOTH Mari and Tel Hariri. Therefore he knowingly and provocatively marched into lands that he knew were not his.

In the case of Agade, an Egyptian skirmisher was wandering through the empty deserts of the south and bumped into a Babylonian skirmisher who alleged that there was a nearby Babylonian city. Having failed to produce evidence and given the Babylonian proclivity for lies and paranoia, this claim was immediately treated as just one more falsehood in a vast and endless tapestry of deceit.

Ramesses II

Comment

• If only all the desert "near" Agade wasn't full of signs "District Agade"...

Anyway The Immo admires Pharaoh's civilized diplomatic language.

Comment

• On Saturday Zedd wrote that he would try to do his turn Sunday, but it sounded like he is very busy with that annoying stuff called RL. He can have some of my time.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• You guys are awesome.

Comment

• I played sunday and forgot to post. Didn't notice until I checked to forum this morning.

Here is the save, Also emailed to Straybow.
                          Attached Files
                          Wizards sixth rule:
                          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Clark
                            You guys are awesome.

/me looks at avatar

...seems the original Agamemnon retired in Egypt.

Looking for players in SoG#2
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Who wouldn't want to become Pharaoh?

Comment

• Must.Have.Pharoah.Avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X