New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bab 2540

Bullied King SlowThinker orders the early chariot not to enter upper Al Kabir. Demonstrations in Negru, public asks Babylon doesn't trade with Persia. No new export license to Persia this year.
    From now Hourigalzur will build coloured wheels for chariots. There is air inside.
    Attached Files
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Pharoah's engineers have completed a massive project to enable regular shipments of the Cedars of Lebanon into the Nile Valley. Memphis will be able to construct more buildings - faster - than almost any city on earth.
      Attached Files
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Ah, very impressive! We were not expecting another Wonder in Egypt so soon.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• This is the Age of Wonders! The Enhanced Bureau of GWBMM interprets "From now Hourigalzur will build coloured wheels for chariots. There is air inside." for the world. It means "We built another Wonder, too".

Comment

• The pneumatic tire is a Wonder of the ancient world?? Gotta get back to my computer...
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• We may be the only Kingdom NOT building a Wonder this year - unless the Greeks also abstain. We've opened up the mythic Al Kabir valley for a quick Babylonian inspection, and we also intend to share ancient Assyrian maps. However, border negotiations seem to be stalled. Babylon asks Persia more and more questions, but has not clarified her own position. Sinbad has little patience left.

Reminder: Please report your advances and tech trades to ST so he can check the Great Library.
              Attached Files

Comment

• I forgot that Straybow asked me to apply a barter to my save for him. Here is my save, AFTER applying the barter (which I already emailed to Kengel).

Persia also announces that our famous explorer Manoucher Baalboa of Ecbatana has discovered the legendary Great Ocean, which lies beyond the lands of the Hittites, ancient Assyrians and other strange unnamed peoples.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Formal request for extension. My comcast modem is fried and comcrap tells me it will be a week before they will take a look at it. I will be purchasing a new modem tomorrow and trying to create a fix on my own. At the least I can DL the save from work tomorrow and post tuesday.
                  Wizards sixth rule:
                  "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                  Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• We can wonder about Kengel first....

Comment

• He emailed me with what I thought was the save, so I thought it would be posted here as well. However I can't check email from work and the blackberry doesn't realy help much with attachments. I will try to borrow a friends PC tomorrow if I am not back on-line tonight.
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Sorry, indeed the email I sent to Zedd contained the save, but stupid me forgot to post it here as well.
                        Well, here it is; Zedd: I hope you are able to dl it from here (the email contains the same file).
                        Enjoy
                        Attached Files

Comment

• HA HA HA HA HA!!! Back online again. DL of the save and checking in on emails for any barters. I will post save tomorrow night and try to keep the game moving.
                          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Finnaly have everything working right and a save file.

Nothing interesting happened, just some shuffleing.
                            Attached Files
                            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Oh, look at the hour. I've run past the mark a bit. Traders peddle their wares, more of those nifty malls trade centers are constructed. My vizier mocks me, saying my idea to enclose them and keep out the weather is "ahead of its time... (that'll never happen)." I'm in a good mood, so I tolerate the laugh at my expense.

(Save was lacking Ctrl-n, so I had a non-Civver handle that.)
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Kull - an email to you bounced several times - box full. I hope you finally got it (approx 8/22 I think).

Comment

Working...
                                X