New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kull
    I spent probably around 700 gold and two caravans in order to build a temple. My bad luck that it was Egypt that got to discover the lovely quirk by which PBEM does not allow the second civilization constructing a Wonder any choice in the disposition of surplus shields.
    And no, we will NOT hex edit the game to retrieve them.
    I see no good reason why to be a hero now. There was another quirk discovered that CivDip can't be used for units in unrevealed terrain and nobody objected that Babylon would get the unit back by hexediting.

Straybow is right - next if anybody finds his production was changed by AI he can use the CivDip (I never used it but I hope it works).
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• It isn't a matter of being a "hero," it is doing the right thing.

I don't want bad blood between you two making the game unfun for Kull. He needs to get his shields back, or at least his money.

If it's too much to ask, then maybe Peaster wouldn't object to a replay.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
        ...then maybe RobRoy could edit the file so that the shields are added in...
        No prob. Putting the shields back won't take five minutes. I could change the build item, too, but that might take a bit longer.

Changing money is also no problem. So I'd say put back his shields, plus one turn's worth, have him sell his temple next turn, and dock him 40 gold now (or next turn if he doesn't have it, now). If he wants to change the queue or is concerned about something else (like the lost build opportunity), it might a bit more complicated, but only a bit, IRRC.

FYI, only semi-related, this isn't an issue in hotseat mode...the second player gets the option to change things at the beginning of his turn.

Originally posted by Straybow
        If it's too much to ask, then maybe Peaster wouldn't object to a replay.
        The hex editing wouldn't be a problem. Should I assume a consensus with what I've seen posted? Or wait to hear from Kull? Or might there be some other reason to encourage/allow a turn-over?

Comment

• Greeks are happy as always
          Greetings from the outermost corner of the world...
          Attached Files

Comment

• I don't mind replaying, though now Kengel would also have to replay. And if I follow the discussion correctly, it is not necessary for hex-editing. AFAIK the only issue is whether Kull agrees to it.

Comment

• I only objected to the hex editng as I didn't want to cause anymore problems with the game - if it's easy enough to do, then go ahead and please load them back in. I'll go ahead and sell the temple, but how do I make 40 gold disapper? Worst case, you could always "take it out in shields" (not sure what the ratio is of shields to gold, tho).

Thanks guys.
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                I'll go ahead and sell the temple, but how do I make 40 gold disapper?
                I made it disappear, already. Just sell the temple and you'll be square.

Zedd should use this edited file:
                Attached Files

Comment

• I'm a bit confused: did you only subtract 40g for selling Temple, or did you also add 300 shields to his current build?

Just so we all know 'zackly whahappen.
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                    I'm a bit confused: did you only subtract 40g for selling Temple, or did you also add 300 shields to his current build?
                    Sorry if I jumped the gun. I assumed Kull's acquiescence and Kengal's abstention meant there was unanimous consent to modify the file. So I went ahead and implemented the changes I suggested above: put back his lost shields, added the missed turn's production, and docked him 40 gold for the temple he should sell his next turn.

If that's right, Zedd should use the file provided above.

If I misunderstood, or if y'all wanted something else, let me know.

Comment

• There isn't a prob, it just wasn't clear what was done. You see, I had missed the part on the previous page (#54 @ 50) where Kull and Slo talked about Memphis building Slave Labor System. I'm up to date now.

Comment

• I will be happy to use the save file by Mr. Robroy

THANKS ROBROY

I would request that my 72h start from his post though, as I will likely not be able to play untill tomorrow evening.
                        Wizards sixth rule:
                        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Things are going well in Minoa, Our cities thrive.
                          Attached Files
                          Wizards sixth rule:
                          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• The Great Highway is complete through Alalakh! Clever planning had all materials necessary for the bridge at Gordion when the workers got there. The last mile connecting the western end to Tralleis was laid down and a milepost capped with gold leaf erected in the center of the city.

The King has granted the freedom of slaves and their families numbering a hundred of hundreds. They shall be permitted to found a new city to serve as a western port (provided they complete the road to the site of the new city).
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Babylonian traders are very content.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• We wonder why Egypt builds a road east from Tell Hariri?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X