Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [superhero mode]
    Must... be... polite... and... kind...
    Struggling... against... evil... mind... control... device...
    [/superhero]

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• bab 2630

Originally posted by Pharaoh
      Egyptian units are even now withdrawing from the ever increasing Babylonian claim area. We hope, but have little faith, that Babylon will not use some flimsy pretext to attack those who once guarded them.
      These words are in a disharmony with the reality. The Chariot I at Zibbar is camping on the same point like last year and shades a view of Babylonian guards of Zibbar to the Desert. And we found another Egyptian unit, (a heavier one - a Chariot II), only 2 miles south from Dibshiya.
      It looks like Egyptians are trying to offer that 'flimsy pretext' very intensively...

We would expect Egypt that fears about its security will try to get an agreement about security zones for Egypt.
      And we expect a civ that wants to attack a neighbour will push its units towards cities of its target...
      Attached Files
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Better watch out: that angry guy has a bomb in his burnous!
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Re: bab 2630

As ever, the claims of the Babylonian Leader are far from the truth. As this picture clearly shows, the Egyptian "heavy" Chariot II is nowhere near any Babylonian city, but is rather encamped near the city of Dibshiya, a possession of our Minoan Allies. At no time has Minos requested that we depart from this area, and in fact it would appear that he actually desires our presence as we are now hemmed in all sides by Minoan and Babylonian zones of control. And for a nation possessed of 5 or 6 Chariot 4s to assert that they fear the presence of a C2 is laughable in the extreme. Oh how the residents of Zibbar - a full ten squares away - must be trembling in abject fear!!

As for encroachment, one need only look to the Babylonian horseman encamped in the Egyptian Security Zone directly north of our Chariot 1. This unit is only 5 spaces away from Tel Hariri, and a full seven away from the Babylonian city of Zibbar. It is highly recommended that Babylonian units follow the advice of their own ruler, and cease "advancing toward their targets".
          Attached Files
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Horus watches.
            Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Kings:

Let us resolve one part of this confusion. The Great Pharaoh is unaware of negotiations amongst other parties. Had his knowledge of the Dibshaya area extended just a little farther to the East he would see this:
              Attached Files

Comment

• One other matter: Tralleis is currently in shield violation. All foreign units homed to Tralleis must be either disbanded or rehomed ASAP!

One is my fault: I should have handed the unit off to Minoans turns ago. Zedd could have moved it back home himself.

I will continue to remove shields from the production box by switching between units and structures, but I can't go to zero this way.

Comment

• Persians construct a magnificent new Full Moon Temple in Achaea in honor of Artemis. We pray for many peaceful years of fertility and fine hunting.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Esteemed Straybow II, there is no confusion. Pharaoh has been informed several times that Dibshiya was bought by Babylon and its buildings will become white in future.
                    Pharaoh also understands if we wanted to use our Chariots IV against Egypt we would do it during last turns when our informers reported Egypt had no Chariot Tactics yet but was researching it very intensively. (Anyway we are sending congratulations to Egypt for their successful discovery. Babylon doesn't possess this dangerous technology and don't want it unless it is forced to obtain it.)
                    Pharaoh knows well that his 'weak' Chariots type I and II can easily kill a fortified spearman (a standard city guard) in Dibshiya or Zibbar. Pharaoh also sees Babylon operates only with skirmishers and horsemen in the region, i.e. units that can't kill a fortified spearman in Tell Hariri or Mari. It looks Pharaoh The Fearless just thinks the best tactics is threatening and a posture of might.

What Pharaoh doesn't understand is that security zones are not areas where one pushes as many his units as possible and prevents the neighbour to get there. In reverse they are areas where one can have minimum of units because the neigbour reports any movement inside of zone.

In case other Kings are interested I attach the Babylonian security zones that were brought forward to Egypt 2 years ago. The green lines represent Bab territory, the red ones represent security zones and the white dots are neutral areas that should be left free so that both civs could 'look in'.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Business as usual...
                      Sun is shining in greece
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I will make an attempt to complete my turn and post tomorrow, however I will be away from net on Sunday so may not be able to post save files until Monday. (Day 4)
                        Wizards sixth rule:
                        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• More nonsense from the South

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                          Esteemed Straybow II, there is no confusion. Pharaoh has been informed several times that Dibshiya was bought by Babylon and its buildings will become white in future.
                          Hmmm. How odd. Pharoah is playing a game called "Civilization II". One rather unique aspect of this game is that Civilizations have colors. Unless the laws of physics have changed and purple is now ALSO green, then Dibshiya is Minoan.

It looks Pharaoh The Fearless just thinks the best tactics is threatening and a posture of might.
                          It looks like The Immortal believes that if he repeats lies long enough, they will turn into truths. As anyone with eyes can see, Egyptian forces are RETREATING while those of Babylon are ADVANCING. Apparently Babylon's ruler fears for the safety of the Egyptian inhabitants of Tell Harriri and seeks to rescue them from the threatening Egyptian Chariots.

What Pharaoh doesn't understand is that security zones are not areas where one pushes as many his units as possible and prevents the neighbour to get there. In reverse they are areas where one can have minimum of units because the neigbour reports any movement inside of zone.
                          What the ruler of Babylon doesn't understand is that his own paranoid invention of "Security Zones" is not something that other nations have to accept or tolerate, especially when they are superimposed upon the territory of his neighbors.

In case other Kings are interested I attach the Babylonian security zones that were brought forward to Egypt 2 years ago. The green lines represent Bab territory, the red ones represent security zones and the white dots are neutral areas that should be left free so that both civs could 'look in'.
                          Yes, as per the usual Babylonian method of negotiating - "Here is the way it shall be". Egypt did not accept this dictate from the South then, and especially does not accept it now. The Euphrates Region borders are as Pharoah indicated after Babylon's first threat of Force: Territory split 50-50 between existing Babylonian and Egyptian Cities. To reduce the possibility of hostilities, we would be willing to discuss the addition of a DMZ on either side of that line. This offer is eminently fair and reasonable, and any King of the Alliance is invited to contrast it with the blatant territory grab shown in the Babylonian-provided map. Notice how "Babylonian Security" is gained at the obvious expense of Egyptian security. Such an offer would be laughable were it not for the violent history of he who makes it.

Comment

• There's only one solution: War!
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by techumseh
                              There's only one solution: War!
                              Where is your civilization? Babylon is ready to start a war with you if you wish one.

Comment

• Ah, the Great Pharaoh does not understand the process. It seems that in Hatte and Minoan traditions business is done with a sense of immediacy. Perhaps it is like that in Egypt as well, with annual floods that force a certain punctuality.

Not in Mesopotamia. First you haggle forever over prices, then get a contract on the property, then secure a loan, and finally sign the closing. Each step takes time, bribes, etc. They mark it as "SOLD" when the buyer puts a contract on it, but the rest of the process can take forever.

You know nothing ever gets done in the winter. Right now everyone in Mesopotamia is on Ishtar holiday, and before that the Equinox. Nobody knows when they'll sober up and get back to business.

Comment

Working...
                                X