No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again the blame for the delays rests entirely on me, I find TIME to be a limited comodity and can do nothing but apologize for creating these delays.

Given that these recent delays are, in-fact, due to my own problems and not necissarily organizing MP sessions I don't see why the would-be MP'ers should be punnished.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Personally I've been willing to ignore the rule recently due to the unusual confluence of events - losing LaFayette, finishing up the Great War, transferring the myriad threads of Minostic Diplomacy into the hands of the new king, etc.

That said, we seem to have reached the end of that period, and I think folks should make every endeavor to play within the 72 hour window. Requesting an extension during that period is fine, but otherwise players should not be surprised if their turn has come and gone.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
        Good, I hope we get an answer. IMO we must enforce our rules, probably by ourselves. The Ctrl-N method is a little harsh, but AFAIK no alternatives have been proposed
        I think it is not harsh - you can ask for a longer period. (But maybe each player could get 48 additional hours each 3 months?)

If we will take the Ctr-N-ing seriously then people will be more pressed to inform about possible problems in advance.
        But we must get a Ctrl-N man, the next player cannot do it.
        Last edited by SlowThinker; February 11, 2006, 20:12.
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Kull + Zedd: I am happy to see that we have nothing to argue about

Originally posted by SlowThinker
          I think it is not harsh - you can ask for a longer period. (But maybe each player could get 48 additional hours each 3 months?)
          Players hesitate to Ctrl-N each other, so I suppose they consider it harsh. I expect we will continue to OK most requests (eg for 48 extra hours). And I intend to cooperate with any player who usually plays promptly.

But we must get a Ctrl-N man, the next player cannot do it.
          Why not ?

Comment

• >Why not?

Because before the Ctrl-N he will have to go through all those "Rome builds Barracks. Open the city window?"messages.

Comment

• I have a 12-year-old who has played civ2 and will do it for a dollar. In fact, she is hoping to get her first dollar tonight about 11pm, Immortal One.

Comment

• I wanted to post the save right now, but I will wait until 11 pm.

Comment

• bab 2670

Our peace forces found a group of peasants that fled from war from Nineveh. The charioters asked peasants if they know where Didanu The Mad is. They didn't know.
                  Unfortunately all the peasants died during the interview. Probably Zedanu didn't fed his subjects enough and they died by a starvation...

Zedd is asked to choose a Ctrl-N or a deathblow against the weakened allied troops around Nineveh...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I guess Kull will DL the Bab save and Ctrl-N for Assyria ? ... but not quite sure of the plan (AFAIK ST's last remark was a joke ). The Ctrl-N kid is available, but perhaps Kull can save me a dollar in this case.

Comment

• Let her earn her keep.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I always thought Zedanu should harm us until the very end and also that he has a right to decide how he wants to proceed.
                        But from other points of view he clearly stated he wants to control-N and after that Straybow started to blithely arrange his naked C4s around Nineveh.

So I second it was Egyptian turn now and we can Ctrl-N both Assyria and Egypt.

Comment

• The High Peasteress in Ecbatana has made the traditional sacrifice and uttered the holy syllables, but unfortunately, the Assyrians have a password.

Can Kull simply load the Bab save and play the Egyptian turn? If not, we need Zedd to play Assyria, or give us his password.

Comment

• [Khan:] From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

I reckon Nin produced a Farmer just 2 turns ago, and hasn't gold to rush more than half a row. Should my Chariot fear a Skirm?
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker So I second it was Egyptian turn now and we can Ctrl-N both Assyria and Egypt.
                              Hmmm. In any event, Mekret reports that all is silent within the smoking citadel of Nineveh, so Egypt has proceeded with it's turn. Sadly the Ctrl-N of Assyria was not within our power either.
                              Attached Files
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Apologies, 16 hour shifts the last couple days and I forgot about playing Zedanu.
                                I thought the password was removed, guess not.

As for the units left to assyria, can we let the governors take over? or would that cause a problem? It seems that would be the most logical way for them to proceede. But if its an issue I could dis-band them on the next turn.
                                Wizards sixth rule:
                                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Working...
                                X