Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by SlowThinker
    Philippe,

I liked to see La Fayette to write here. In first moment I felt like to be awaked from a bad dream...

Yes, It was pleasant to see that familiar name.

Don't you want to play Minoans yourself?

That is an interesting proposition... and a good one. I would support such a decision by the hier of La Fayette.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Hello!

1. I don't have a CD burner.

2. I've never played that CIV game of yours (I'm rather into tabletop Role-Playing Games), and would behave rather poorly among pros (And I'm not into behaving poorly in anything). Last time I played a strategy game with pros was a board game called Full Metal Planet, and they beat me senseless without my understanding what was happening to me. I used to play Go years ago a little better, and rated up to 12th kyu at my best.

3. I'm mighty busy with all my father's paperwork for months to come.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

Philippe Baise
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• It used to be only Death and Taxes were certain, but now Red Tape seems to be our doom even after death!
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Zedd: What's the problem ? Most of us know what it's like to take over a civ with no help. You might have to accept the idea that your first turn will not be perfect...

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
            It used to be only Death and Taxes were certain, but now Red Tape seems to be our doom even after death!
            What with search engines caching any and everything that's ever hit the internet, and given the ever increasing size (and decreasing cost) of storage, it may well turn out that Net-Immortality awaits us all.

And yes, it was VERY nice to see Lafayette posting in this thread once again! Here's to you Philippe, and you can know with certainty your Dad is VERY much missed, and will be for as long as we're here playin' Civ2!
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Philippe,
              I played Go quite regularly in past and I still play on the net and sometimes on real tournaments (for example when there is Go Congress/European Championship in Prague like in sommer 2005).

Straybow,
              Red Tape?
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I assume Stray refers to Philippe's comment 3 ["Red Tape" = annoying paperwork].

Now, whatever happened to our 72 hour rule?

Zedd: it is hard to believe you need 12 days to play your turn. Players must make their plans and sort out diplomatic issues before their turn starts. IMO Straybow should Ctrl-N at this point, or play Minos a few more turns until Zedd is ready to take over.

Comment

• Last communication: he was mostly done with his turn but we needed to do an MP swap. We missed one opportunity because I didn't check my email, and another because he didn't check his email.

The last two days yahoo has been rejecting my emails (slightly edited to hide email from crawlers):
                  This is the AVG E-mail Scanner program.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
                  below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
                  straybow@straybow's email: Message rejected
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------

A month ago I had tried to contact ST at his atlas address and got a message that I was in the SORBS blacklist, so it may well be a problem that I have to sort out.

I will send him a PM, maybe the PM reminder will get through where my emails can't.

The email I sent before our last attempt to set an MP time I'd said to go ahead and post without the swap as we could do it on my turn.
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• In England (17th cen?) they started bundling massive government paperwork and mail with a narrow red ribbon or cloth tape.

Comment

• I would be a bit benevolent towards Zedd now but I would like to know when Zedd intends to play?

Comment

• Lycastus Takes the throne, sorry for the delay.
                        Attached Files
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• The auction has ended, but Babylon can offer the details to any civ for 500g.

Comment

• Persia offers details for 450g. And if you act now, you get one slow turn, with no rude messages from Ecbatana.

Comment

• Didn't intend to creat unrest here, I could have played at day 3, however there were existing trade agreements and such that had been negotiated by LF that I had no knowledge of. I had to rely on communications with other players to get the details correct, and i thank them for thier willingness to help and share information..

From this point on I have a better Idea of what is happening in the world and will do my best to meet the 72 hour rule.
                              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Not a problem. La Fayette had a lot of agreements and other issues that needed to be sorted out.
                                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                                X