New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peaster
    News on the Great Sale: No longer sure the auction will be public (Stray prefers PMs).
    As one of the final military actions of the Great Alliance, and with Assyria no longer capable of fielding military forces to oppose us, Pharaoh is hard pressed to think of any reason for this auction to be secret.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• kengel is asked to wait with a start of his turn if he wants to participate in the auction.
      Zedd is asked to wait with a start of his turn if he wants to participate in the auction.

Zedd's e-mail: could anybody else try to send an e-mail to him? Maybe the problem is on my side?
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker Zedd's e-mail: could anybody else try to send an e-mail to him? Maybe the problem is on my side?[/b]
        I saw a problem in the email address you were using for Zedd, sent you a fix, and - of course - it bounced. Anyway, here's the message:

There was an error in that email address:

Zedd_Z_Z" at yahoo.com

should be:

Zedd_Z_Z at yahoo.com
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Yes, I got the text
          Zedd_Z_Z" at yahoo.com
          in the error message that mail was bounced.

But the header of the sent message looks OK.
          To: ... "Zedd" mailto:Zedd_Z_Z at yahoo point c o m

I thought Outlook express might be confused by "mailto:" and so I deleted it in my next try to Zedd...
          Last edited by SlowThinker; January 21, 2006, 15:59.

Comment

• My email is Zedd_Z_Z at yahoo. not sure what the error was in the mailto: address but I will check it out.

ST- your email went to the "Bulk" folder for some reason, but I added you to my address book so I think that will stop.

I will obstain from the bid for Nineveh, I don't think it will be much benefit for Minos.
            Last edited by Zedd; January 26, 2006, 23:17.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Zedd, I would edit the e-mail to an anti-spambot version.

Comment

• I am personally still very sad about the circumstances the minoans got a new king.

Rest in peace, Michel!

I will never forget you.

The greek welcome the new minoan king and hope on a peaceful continuing relationship.
                May the spirit of the old king live on in peace!
                Attached Files

Comment

• oh, I forgot:
                  No, the greek have no interest on Nineveh-
                  Too much travel business for the husbands of greek wifes.

Comment

• Zedd: Your turn, for Minos. IMO ST's advice is: delete your email address from this thread, so the bad guys don't find it and sell it to spammers. Or you can change "@" to "at", etc, to confuse their AI.

Comment

• Thanks ST and Peaster, Hadn't thought of the "baddies" Had another game sched for tonight and family over tomorrow night, but i will try to get some time for the important stuff..........CIV!!!
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• OK, I'll send any more info you might want. Did you get the barter and such I sent on the 23rd?
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, the affairs of King Minos are being put in order, and I am trying to follow in his great footsteps. But it is taking me time to gather information I need to carry out His plans. I ask for pattience and wish to assure you that I am working to expedite matters.

King Lycastus,
                          Successor to Minos: Judge of the Dead, son of Zeus. First king, and Forever Father of Minoa.
                          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I know Lafayett wasn't the first "King Minos", but oddly enough there was thought to be two King Minos' in reality. One was said to become an imortal judge of the dead (along with his brothers) and adopted by Zeus.

He was known as "good king Minos.

Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Hello!

I don't know if it can be of any help to you, but there are still tons of CIV saved games, files and the like on my father's PC.

Philippe Baise
                              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Philippe,

I liked to see La Fayette to write here. In first moment I felt like to be awaked from a bad dream...

Don't you want to play Minoans yourself?

IMO we don't need files of LF. Maybe you could burn the files to a cd for next generations of the Baise family? I imagine in 25th century some people might be interested what their ancestors did...
                                Last edited by SlowThinker; January 30, 2006, 18:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X