New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nineveh in an auction

The Babtheby's house in Ur was asked (or we decided ourselves) to control the auction of Nineveh.
    All people that wants to participate is asked to send a registration to Ur.
    Sinbad is asked to wait with his turn before some points will be clear (I mean the use of the envoy).
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Persia is interested in Ninevah. What kind of auction do you have in mind? You want to do it before we investigate?

Comment

• I want to talk about investigating - if it is necessary or not...

Comment

• The save game now says 1 city and 1 unit for Assyria. Zedd admitted that there is nothing left but the Palace Guard. We don't need to use an Envoy to investigate.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• quite right straybow, and as far as further moves there is not much left except to sit and wait. There isn't much I could do from Minos' chair to effect the outcome for Nneveh, however it somehow doesn't seem right to try to play both. So I agree that waiting until the end for Nineveh would be the best way to proceed.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Zedd - Nineveh might last a few more turns, which may be pretty boring for you. Sure you want to wait?

The value of Nineveh may depend on its improvements, food box, etc, but I doubt it is worth losing an envoy to find these things out.

ST - It is your envoy; let me know whether to use it; Egypt may play soon. Also, please describe your ideas for the auction - I can imagine lots of ways to do it.

Comment

• Alas, at the penultimate moment of victory, Egypt learns the terrible news. In every city, village, and hamlet along the Nile, the streets are silent as the people mourn the passing of the Great Friend.
                Attached Files
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
                  So I agree that waiting until the end for Nineveh would be the best way to proceed.
                  But Minoans need a leader who could participate in the Nineveh auction.
                  There is a possibility Assyria will exist in 2670 ... but in 2660 Assyria will be a part of chronicles only.

Comment

• Zedd: Here I will discuss the end of Nineveh, and hope that you are not sensitive about it. But I think of you now as the new King of Minos (though none of us will ever forget La Fayette).

Persia cannot play until we decide about the auction. So far, Persia and Hattas are in (Babylon?). If anyone else wants in, please speak up now! Zedd, you are invited to bid for Minos.

The auction will be public, for your entertainment. We have yet to decide whether the auction winner will get help from alliance troops (probably yes, from Babylon), how much he must pay for any losses, when he must pay, and who he must pay (mainly Babylon and Hattas, but I think Persia may get a small share too ). When these are settled, hopefully in 1-2 days, we can start the auction - or Persia can finish her turn instead.

Side issue: We have a rule against "city giving". Can Player A bribe a city from Player B, with B's consent ?

Comment

• Egypt opts out - but we plan to send a chariot up to view the final days of Nineveh (Mekret might stage a revolt if not given an opportunity to view the Great Sack of Nineveh!)
                      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• The General is always welcome as long as he brings the popcorn.

Bribing costs the briber money that vanishes, rather than going to the other party. That, and the cost of the Envoy, is why it is not forbidden. (Am I right?)
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Point taken on the position of former king minos, I will go ahead and and play the next round for the Minoans, Assyria will CTRL-N and let the pitiful city leaders finish things up there.

Nineveh is far from any shore and so not much use to the seafaring, but if anyone knows the wishes of King Minos I would like for us to follow them.
                          Wizards sixth rule:
                          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Zedd, I am trying to send you an e-mail (to zeddzz) and 2 were bounced already. Please let me know if you get any.

Comment

• Zedd: I have not been trying to send you email. Let me know if you get any

There has been a flurry of email over the last 3 days trying to sort the auction out. ST thinks Persia can play now, but I await clarification.

News on the Great Sale: No longer sure the auction will be public (Stray prefers PMs). The winner will not pay additional costs for alliance units lost in the attack. Certain nation(s) (not including Persia) have accepted the risks, and they will get the profits from the auction. We have agreed that bribery with consent is allowed (unless someone objects soon).

Comment

• Nineveh under attack !! A Babylonian Chariot IV, under the command of Sinbad, King of Persia, and SlowThinker the Immortal, of Ur, has attacked the legendary Blue Palace in Ninevah. The Assyrian Palace Guard defended from behind city walls and dispersed the angry chariots, but not before almost half the defenders were killed. Troops from across the world now gather for the final assault.

Assyrians farmers north of the city fled, as Persian troops blocked the escape of the tyrants, Didanu the Mad and Zedanu the Sad.

Back home, pundits debate the virtues of building a Great Library in Persia, while our scientists continue to work on the mysteries of Alphabet.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X