No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, when I got the email notification it only said "La Fayette: Last post: 06-10-2005 09:44" but didn't include the post title "The King is dead" and I didn't catch on...

I kept hoping he might return...
    Last edited by Straybow; January 10, 2006, 14:07.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Oh, and regarding Hittite turn:

I had miscommunicated with Slo (I thought he meant 'Poly time but he meant Euro time) so my turn must wait until Monday so we can do some unit swapping.
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Plans are laid for the assault on Ninevah, but it is yet undecided who shall claim the capital and the wonder within it...
        Attached Files

Comment

• bab 2680

Nothing interesting on the eastern front...

Zedd, can you play already? Or when you will be able to play?

So, unfortunately, Minoans are ready for you. Maybe you could play both Minoans and Assyrians for a while. I think it would be possible "to forgot" knowledge about the other civ when you play...?
          Attached Files
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Yes, I can play and will do so this evening.

As to the offert to continue in the great kings former throne, I would be humbled and honored.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• I am presently clearing up some matters as executor (or something) of the LF dynasty. A member of a lost branch of the royal family comes forward to claim the throne of the Sea Kings.

Strangely, this claimant resembles a former regent of the Hittites, and the besieged King of Assyria. Naw, just a coincidence.

When shall we turn the reins over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow

When shall we turn the reins over?
                In the words of the immortal La Fayette, how about "tout de suite"?
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• That has exceeded my comprehension of the French language...

Comment

• Immediately, if I am not mistaken.

Mais je ne l'aime pas, le Francais. Beurk.

Comment

• Something kin to "Post Haste" if I'm not mistaken.

"I write in my journal now for the first time in several weeks. I'm holding it in my hand, the arrow that pierced my neck. It was not some marksmans trophy shot, or even a lucky strike from the battle field.
                      A stray, from our own archery range managed to slip over its target, through 3 guards, two advisors, and a Corporal before striking my neck bone.

The Herb Mistress says I was asleep for more than 6 weeks, and during my struggle with consiousness Nineveh turned into unbridled panic. Thinking I was dead several of my more zealous followers sought kingship. The last one left standing foolishly took our last two chariott units (chariot III's I'm proud to say.) and confronted the enemy. No one returned.

A small group decided to quit the city and strike out to form thier own colony...I expect we shall all meet again amoung the spirits.

So here I lay, the palace guard loyal and true to the end, the only remainig guard in the city. And the Hounds of War bark relentlessly outside my doors. So many well thought plans and decisive actions, but allowing the fool governors such broad command was a mistake. I see that now. Of course now, there are no governors. No great cities, temples, or wonders.

But once....once, there was an empire.

Once, I was a King."
                      Attached Files
                      Wizards sixth rule:
                      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Zedanu, maybe you should make your general plans for next turns before your mind will permeate the mind of Minos ... this way your decisions won't be impacted by the knowledge of Minos.

I noticed only the Assyrian save shows 1 city + 1 unit in Assyria (it was 1+3 in the Babylonian save). So Peaster's idea that number of units is always correct and only number of cities is updated with a delay is wrong.
                        Unless Assyria disbanded 2 units now.

Comment

• It is peculiar that The King Minos has died right now when there is only the Assyrian capital left and it is clear Assyria will be anihilated. In past he told me the only interest of his life would be to conquer the evil Assyria...

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                            It is peculiar that The King Minos has died right now when there is only the Assyrian capital left and it is clear Assyria will be anihilated. In past he told me the only interest of his life would be to conquer the evil Assyria...

Yeah, I don't think he even got to see Iatana bribed in the 2730 turn that Sparrowhawk executed for him.

Death sucks.

Comment

• Maybe he had his son read the thread to him, like Bloody Monk's wife was doing for a while.

Just thinking happy thoughts instead of being bummed. It helps.

Comment

• I agree with you. It would be strange if LF was able to send a commission for SparrowHawk and then instantly he was unable to do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X