New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peaster
    Straybow to play for the Minoans + Hittites again...?
    I hope so.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
      Another Seeds game - hm... I also missed the start and I like starts of Civ2 games ...
      But only with clear rules, how are guys at civ-evo in this regard?
      Not bad AFAIK. The house rules for my current Evo-PBEM are pretty simple compared to our Seeds rules,

so you may want to add some more (that's no problem IMO). But their rules are clear enough, and there have been no real disputes yet.

The interested player (Eurisko) told me most other Evo players will regard Seeds as a "slow" PBEM. I guess they prefer instant conflict involving hundreds of relatively advanced units. AFAIK they usually ask you to play within 24 hours. But with no Sparrowhawk, they can't enforce this rule easily !

Comment

• Hello.

As Peaster already said, the folks at Evo are a rather impatient bunch

I doubt that we could recruit many, if any, people from there.

One alternative would be a German Civ forum (frequented by Historical Atze, for those of you who know him) which had it's fair share of slow PBEMs.

By the way, I would want the Babylonians if this thing does indeed end up being viable.

Comment

• Hello Eurisko

Originally posted by Peaster
          so you may want to add some more (that's no problem IMO). But their rules are clear enough, and there have been no real disputes yet.
          I can believe less rules mean less disputes. But their rules leave many holes and Civ2 bugs open IMO.

BTW I would like another map . The exploration is a nice thing.
          But it would require some work of a neutral person - maybe he could start with the the original map and change it...

Comment

• I'm here, trying to make a living. And maybe a little procrastination mixed in. It's already bedtime, but I should be able to play Wednesday.

ST, is that an age-regressed photo of you?
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Hittite ministers thumbing through Minoan phrasebooks again direct the great kingdom of Minos.

A band of Horsemen race across the plains to capture Dibshiya before the citizens can organize a militia. Their haste was unnecessary, the city all but abandoned. The peasants were half-starved, their produce seized to feed the wise men toiling under Zedanu's science program. The masonry cladding of the city walls had been sold to scavengers long ago, leaving the earthen core to crumble.

The Horsemen have little pity for the suffering they see. Were it not for an alliance with friendly neighbors so might Minoan cities have been trampled under Assyrian boots.
              Attached Files
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Hittite chariots charge eastward to Nisibin. Ranks of spearmen gallantly defend their city but their lines falter under volleys of javelins. Outflanked, they break and flee.

The fight does not carry deep into the city streets, and thus the peasants' bucket lines kept fires from spreading.

Hittite scouts reach the walls of Ninevah, reconnoiter, and withdraw out of range.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I can't play now, I will play on Monday probably...

Comment

• bab 2690

Babylonian soldiers are afraid of the famous Palace Guard of Nineveh. Babylonian headquarters hope that our units won't panic and flee back to Larsa. Anyway there is no chance that the units would obey an order to attack Nineveh.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• New PBEMer wishing to participate...

Hi to everybody!I am one of the guys from Evo-games (subcomandante is my nickname there) interested to participate to the new "Ancient Empires" PBEM. Is there a plece to the game for me? If yes I would like to play the Greeks or the Minoans( if this is not a problem). Note that I am new to PBEM ,though an experienced Civ 2 player, and someone should bother expaining me about special rules etc. I ve read about the basics of PBEM so I m not cpmpletely ignorant. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Menelik, you are welcome, but I think first we should get 7 people...

Comment

• Thanks SlowThinker,I ll be glad to participate. I contacted Peaster and he told me the game could last for years. I can go on for at least a year but I m not sure about later on. I guess you guys will be able to find someone to replace me then after...

Comment

• Zedd's turn. And I started a separate thread for Game 2.

Comment

• Sorry I've been out so long... Got a promotion, loads of new work, moved,& upgraded the old PC. But here I am.
                              Wizards sixth rule:
                              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Zedd - Congrats on the promotion. But what do mean by "here I am"? Are you playing your turn? It has been 9 days since Babylon posted. IMO Egypt should play on!

Comment

Working...
                                X