New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zedd
    If the surrender is not acceptable then I will play on, there are still some "tricks" up the Assyrian sleves, but This IS the ultimate conclusion.
    The Alliance is grateful - and we appreciate that it can't be easy to play on in the face of overwhelming odds.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Thanks Kull, but the odds are not a problem.

I felt that I had made some bad decisions and that the game is lost, in my semi lucid state I thought to just throw in the towel now rather than pro-long the inevitable.

Now in a more lucid state, I think it would be unfair of me to bail out in that way. So if the Alliance will forgive my rash actions .... I will play on.
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Thank you, Zedd. As for my part, I apologize for delays. I had need to migrate to a new email client, calling for research and testing. Finally settled on Mozilla Thunderbird.

I've also been caught up in some business stuff in the vain hopes of producing something called "money." I'm assured that this elusive substance exists, and can be obtained by means less obscure than alchemy.

I shall play my turn ASAP, perhaps late tonight if I can stay awake.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Perhaps the great bowman will share with us this tech of "currency"

Allways wondered how you could collect gold before you discovered currency, but thats for a different forum.

Good luck Strayow, Mozilla should treat you right
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Assyrian marauders perish; trade is booming.
            Attached Files
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• bab 2730

Babylonians captured Arraphka, Ekkalate, Negub, Nimrud, Dibshiya and Tell Harriri. I have too many parchments here ... reports and plans of my generals ... oh, I mixed up plans for next year and reports. So... we captured Hekallush (former Ekallate) only, and Arraphka and Negub are defenceless. Other cities will be proceeded next year.
              Attached Files
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• News of the Babylonian victory in Ekkalate were shocking and disconcerting for me, the forces arayed there were to have been able to put the babylonian hord at a stand off for some time, and news of thier over-run painted horrifying pictures of babylonian might.

However, official reports came in and accounts from city suvivors, It appears the brakdown of our government is taking more reprehensable form, as the govornor of that city directly diobeyed orders and dispatched 3 Chariot II unts and a horseman unit from the city before its attack. His error has cost us our last fortress between the maniacs and our capital, had he not been drawn and quartered by the enemy I would have had him burned alive and cleaved into a thousand pieces.

We prepare for the inevitable, and I suit up to face the enemy that will soon be at my gate.
                May the gods forgive me, I have failed my people and failed as a leader. My only hope is that some part of Assyrian history and beauty will live on, though it will only be in the hearts of its children. As all of our efforts are focused on trying to save those who remain free,citys crumble. All that remains of our once glorious citys, are a few barracks, the crumbling pyramids, and some dead plants hanging in a long un-cared for building.
                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• The save......
                  Attached Files
                  Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
                    the govornor of that city directly diobeyed orders and dispatched 3 Chariot II unts and a horseman unit from the city before its attack
                    If your units left the city without your assistance then some bug occured and you have a right to a replay...
                    But if you forgot Ctrl-N then all people would have to replay ... ehm ...

Comment

• it was definately my mistake, CTRL-N having never occured. I realised it as soon as I loaded the game.

So play on my friends, lets see what the next year beholds
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I was wondering why you didn't announce your victory over the Persian skirmisher. Was this the reason - that the AI did it ? (If so, I guess that makes our nations even... IIRC you lost an Assyrian unit last time).

Comment

• All is quiet on the Western Front.....or is it??
                          Attached Files
                          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Peaster, please check PM and e-mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                              I was wondering why you didn't announce your victory over the Persian skirmisher. Was this the reason - that the AI did it ? (If so, I guess that makes our nations even... IIRC you lost an Assyrian unit last time).
                              Didn't even know about it, guess we are even.
                              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• King Sinbad hopes for various packages from Babylon and Hattas before taking decisive action in 2730BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X