No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be away on business/vacation the next two weeks, and won't have access to my home email. So if you need to contact me, please use the Apolyton IM. Internet access shouldn't be a problem, so my turn should proceed normally.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• bab 2750

As usual, we visited one Assyrian city. This time it was Sippur, oh, sorry, the city has a nice Babylonian name of Zibbar now. We encountered several ground and naval units around the city, but they dissapeared soon. We take no responsibility for their disappearance. Zedanu is suggested not to allow his units to walk freely in the wilderness.
      Next we want to continue on visiting Assyrian cities, but they are on rivers and our soldiers aren't happy with that because most of them cannot swim... Therefore we are preparing swimming courses for our army.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SlowThinker; August 15, 2005, 16:27.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
        I hope ST and the rest of you take no offense at my un-intelligable ramblings.
        No problem, with my weak english I have only problems with understanding what you are saying.
        Last edited by SlowThinker; August 15, 2005, 17:20.

Comment

• May the babylonian arm floaties be ever boyant!
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Would you be so kind and not to smile? You should be angry!

Comment

• I apologize for being a problem, but I have a big issue with the save file.

In Ekallate city walls were due to be completed this turn, this is verified in my posted save and the save from pharoh. However when I open the babylonian save I have no city walls and my productin was changed to spearmen.

I am not knowledgeable enough to understand what may have went wrong but i am SURE I hit cntrl-n, and I did check the minoan save and found my cities un-disturbed and un-changed.

Obviously this is a critical strategic issue for assyria, as well as a great expense of gold and units that went into the walls production. I have to insist that a resolution be found.

Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• With further inspection I find that several of my cities have changed production.

Did someon initiate a MP game or meet with any ministers?

My understanding is that these are the likely causes for a incident like this.

Again I apologize for the further delay in game play but this is crucial to assyrian intrests.

\Edit\

Sorry ST but all the saves except for yours have the correct info. I surmise that you had an MP session durring your turn and the ministers must have reset the build order in my cities.
                You know how to hex edit, if there is a way to correct the file i am OK with that, but if not, you should replay.
                As I understand the problem is likely to be the same for all players.
                Last edited by Zedd; August 16, 2005, 20:26.
                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Zedd - This can happen whenever you lose a city, and it is easy to fix. Start civ2dip and load the Bab 2750BC save. Click "repair", and then load the Assyrian 2760BC save. That should fix your productions.

Comment

• Thanks peaster, I will try that tonight.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I have dl'd every 1.4.2 version of java, and I have downloaded the civ2dip zip 3 times. each of the three dl's was tried on each version of java, 1 at a time then uninstalled and the next version tried. I get an "can not load application" error EVERY SINGLE TIME!

clicking on "details" does nothing and I can't gt civ dip working at all.

Can someone make the correction to the file? I will happily supply the files and password.

PLEASE......PLEASE......PLEASE......
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Sure. You can PM your password to me and I will DL the saves from here.

Comment

• Zedd - Try this save. If you don't need the Java stuff, I'd suggest you delete it (for security reasons - which I really don't understand).
                          Attached Files

Comment

• THANK YOU PEASTER!

After a shakey start the Assyrians have been able to strengthen thier defenses and rally troops to the cause, though I fear that this may not be enough to stop the onslought of our enemys.
                            Attached Files
                            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Another Glorious Victory!

Egyptian siege engines batter down the walls of Tartous and Sickle Swordsmen pour into the city, slaughtering all in their path. Far to the north, General Mekret spies the towering cloud of smoke pouring from the burning ruins and smiles in grim satisfaction.

But what is this? Scouts report that a battered Assyrian Chariot II division is retreating through the hills above the Orontes River. These foul criminals, slayers of the brave Tanis Chariot Brigade, must not escape! And so it comes to pass that before nightfall their fate is sealed, and every last Assyrian - driver and archer alike - lies crushed beneath the wheels of Horus' Finest. Their bleaching bones shall now serve as the waypost, marking the road toward Ish-Mandaroun, as the vast swarm of Pharoah's Chariots thunder on toward the next conquest!
                              Attached Files
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• What a great year for the Alliance !

But not much happened in Persia. Our Minister of Trade, the venerable Oonderstan Tabli Nerbus, was relieved that the first payment of gold finally came in. He has been reminded several times that Sinbad's coffers were fuller before he took office.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X