No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, well, well. I have a chance to create a little thorn in the side of my adversaries with one little word...NO!

But of course that wouldn't be fair, ST is an honest player and I know enough about Hex-editing to be comfortable with what he proposes so I say

P.S. one of the extra Dl's is from me, after posting I reformated my PC to install Win2K which worked better with my Nvidia Video Card and allowed me to load AutoCAD 2005 without errors. I then realised I didn't save the game file so dl'd it to take back home.

Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
      In 2820BC, Persian spearmen entrenched in a swamp near Lake Urmia fought off an attack by a band of Assyrian skirmishers. The Royal Barracks was completed, and our Generals continue to prepare for war.

So much the propoganda of the Persian Media. In Assyria the truth shall be written...

"After a stand-off of several months, Assyrian Skirmishers camped along the Persian boarder were attacked and defeated by Persian Spearmen hiding in the swamps."

such is the way of the world and the biased hatred of our enemy's. But we do not run in fear nor waiver in our determination.
      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Zedd, I am not sure if you are joking about this. I did not attack your skirmisher. When I opened the save from Kull, your skirmisher was gone and my spearman was wounded [and still fortified IIRC]. I assume you attacked during your turn, or some bug caused the AI to do it for you. Did you remember to type Control-N before saving?

Edit: The order of play is Assyria-Egypt-Persia. When I open Assyria's save for 2820BC in SP mode, both our units are alive. When I open Egypt's save, Assyria has apparently attacked me and lost. Sparrowhawk can verify this, if necessary. Can anyone can explain this?

If this is not Zedd's fault, I guess we must ask Kull to replay his turn, and I will have to replay too.
        Last edited by Peaster; April 25, 2005, 23:18.

Comment

• No, I did not attack your spearmen, but I also didn't hit CTRL-N. I thought it was not necessary if the "end of turn" was flashing in the botom right corner.

I apologize, It is a stupid mistake and I won't make it again. If this is an isolated incident I am willing to accept the loss to keep the game moving, But would like to confirm that it is isolated.

Apologies to Peaster for the un-just accusations.
          Last edited by Zedd; April 26, 2005, 07:50.
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd

If this is an isolated incident I am willing to accept the loss to keep the game moving, But would like to confirm that it is isolated.
            I am a newbie to this problem, but I think you can check the damage by loading my save (or Egypt's) in SP mode. You will probably find your skirmisher missing, and may find some other fortified/sentried Assyrian units have moved on their own.

Comment

• This is indeed a typical symptom happening after not hitting Ctrl-N at the "end of turn".
              Technically spoken, the game status is saved such, that sleeping or fortified units still have their movement points.
              When the next player opens the game, civ resumes the game from the saved point, which is still the civ of the foreplayer (unluckily, now under control of AI). Before the program passes control to the next civ (the human player), it still checks if "all things are right done". If the AI notice something "undone", for example an unmoved fortified unit, it could decide to move it just before passing on the turn.

That seemed to happen to Zedd

If Zedd likes to replay, I will vote for it, since in such a critical game situation this would be just fair.

I have already played my turn, but it would be most easy for me to replay it (a typical boring turn where absolutely nothing happened )

Nevertheless, I will attach it here just for case that Zedd decides not to replay and to let the game just go on.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Zedd,
                I also agree that you may replay (you'll get crushed anyway ).
                Let me know if you will. Otherwise I shall play tomorrow.
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Zedd,
                  I also agree that you may replay (since you'll get crushed anyway ).
                  Let me know if you will. Otherwise I shall play tomorrow.

Comment

• Thanks La Fayette, an offer so nice you said it twice.

If there were any other movements I can't tell, everything else seems to be in place.

So Play on La Fayette, and thanks to you all for your consideration.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• La Fayette ??

Comment

• Sorry, no access to Apolyton recently (maintenance messages instead).
                        I hope to finish playing my turn today.

Comment

• Any progress ?

Comment

• We've all seen the pics of Brad with Angelina at the beach, but there's really no use crying over spilt milk.

Jen must simply pick up the pieces and move on. And we must stop worrying about her and get back to our game, however difficult at such a time as this.

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• 1) I understand nothing of what Straybow just wrote
                              (do you mind explaining ?).
                              2) I have had almost no access to Apolyton recently = sorry for the delay.
                              3) Here is the savegame (at long last)
                              Attached Files

Comment

• LF, look at Straybow's post after Zedd was delayed with his last turn...
                                Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Working...
                                X