Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bab 2830

Babylonian strategy
    After Assyria started to behave very suspicously towards Babylon our advisors warned that Babylon cannot resist in a long-lasting type of warfare against the economical power of Assyria. Therefore Babylonian army was prepared for a blitzkrieg.
    This is not because we would be a warlike nation. Aim of the blitzkrieg is to cause large losses to Assyria quickly (including capturing as many cities as posible). We hope the supposed losses could help our Assyrian brother to stop his truculence. In other words we will be prepared for peace talks.

Operation anti-locusts
    Disinfestation of the northern part of the front was finished completely. Babylonian caravanieri (traders that were forced to take weapons under the circumstances; they hate they cannot make money and are narked seriously) destroyed one group of regular Assyrian army equiped with Chariot II and one group of slayers responsible for death of our customs officers. The second group of slayers was destroyed by our new 'morass horsemen' squad, so far dirty of a mud. No Assyrian soldier survived in the area between Larsa and Kurigalzu.
    In the southern part we will advance cautiously, since a large new fort was detected between Kish and Kurigalzu.

International loan service
    We agree with our Assyrian brother it is an incredible impudence of the Minoan leader to meddle into our personal skirmish. So we agree the Minoan caravan must be destroyed (200g will hardly be be payed since ... ehm ... the total sum of Minoan and Hittite gold is ... ehm ... not very high).
    (We also remind the Hittite and Persian leaders had similar allusions, although it looks they want to realize loans somewhere in the future only. Maybe they deserve some lesson too?)
    From other point of view we think Minos shouldn't let Assyria to command what Minos must or must not do. Assassination of innocent traders and 200 schoolboys (bad schoolboys but still schoolboys) on their periodic trip to Greek museums must be punished definitely. Also we are hoping Greeks won't sit back doing nothing when schoolboys are murdered in Greek lands. And the Hittites are allied with Minoans, so we suppose they know what is their obligation.
    That's all for now.
    Attached Files
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• a message to the Assyrian leader

A long while ago: sneak attack against the Hittites.
      A short while ago: sneak attack against Babylon.
      Now comes blackmail, against me:
      At least there is no problem about who started what.

I am ready to discuss with Assyria, just like with anyone else, even if it's hard to feel friendly right now.
      I am certainly not ready to say "yes" to blackmailing.

Don't expect to receive 200g without further discussion.
      And don't forget to think about the consequences if you destroy my caravan, currently travelling peacefully right in the middle of my ally's territory.
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Re: bab 2830

Originally posted by SlowThinker

Operation anti-locusts
        Babylonian caravanieri (traders that were forced to take weapons under the circumstances; they hate they cannot make money and are narked seriously) destroyed one group of regular Assyrian army equiped with Chariot II and one group of slayers responsible for death of our customs officers.
        The Persians are wondering whether a small country can make a difference in the world. But mainly we are wondering what "narked seriously" means.

Comment

• This is in my dictionary:

nark
          cause annoyance in
          annoy:1, bother:3, devil:5, get at:2, get to:2, gravel:4, irritate:2, mortify:2, nark:3, nettle:3

BTW, PM tracking system says Straybow is out one week, did anybody hear about him?

Comment

• Thanks, ST. I didn't bother to look it up, assuming it was a mistake (apologies). But it is not in my dictionary, so I don't feel too bad.

BTW - what has happened to the 72-hour rule ? I am getting a little narked about that. And what about finding a sub for Germanos - didn't he say something about being away a while ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
              a sub for Germanos - didn't he say something about being away a while ?
              I don't think Germanos would enjoy leaving the game right now, before having decided what he's going to do with my "200g" caravan

Comment

• I hope he has not left the game, but it has been five days since ST posted. I think we have to enforce the 72 hour rule to keep this game alive. Sparrowhawk?

Comment

• I agree with Peaster that it is bad the 72 rule is often ignored ...
                  but...
                  IMHO we cannot skip a turn of a civ that is in war - it would spoil the game completely ... imagine you play chess and suddenly your opponent can make two turns in a row...
                  Let us wait for germanos' return and explanation for this once...

Concerning germanos absence - IIRC germanos told he would search a sub and in a worst case he would give very concrete orders to SparrowHawk?
                  But I can't imagine how can SparrowHawk be such a sub under war condition, because it is impossible to predict anything...
                  SparrowHawk can be hardly a regular sub (a sub that makes his own decisions) because he knows most civs ...

Comment

• Re: Sub needed

Originally posted by germanos
                    On a more pleasurable note:

I'm going to be away for a lengthy period (5-7 weeks) this spring (april and may).

Since activity on this forum has almost come to an halt, I think it's wise to start looking for subs now .
                    ST - Skipping G's turn will certainly spoil some of the fun of the game, especially for you and him. But waiting a month between moves is no fun either. G has not asked for more time, or DL'd your save. IIRC he took well over 72 hours last time.

Let's move on - either with Control-N, or getting a sub IF we can find one very fast. I note that Zedd has offered, in a separate thread. I would not object to asking Sparrowhawk either.

The Persian position has suffered many Control-N's, so I know it is not pretty, but I am sure Assyria can survive. I think the game might beneift in the long run.

Comment

• I'll post tomorrow, it will be the last save I post.

My departure for Syria is approaching fast, and as I've stated earlier my departure to Syria will also be my departure from the game.

Sorry for the delay: I've lost the incentive to play fast.
                      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                        it will be the last save I post.

I've lost the incentive to play fast.
                        Please, take your time !
                        IMO it's a pity you leave the game right now.

Hope to see you back later on

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                          I'll post tomorrow, it will be the last save I post.

My departure for Syria is approaching fast, and as I've stated earlier my departure to Syria will also be my departure from the game.
                          Did you prepare any sub that will want to follow your aggresive way of playing?

Comment

• @ La Fayette:
                            no, I will not be back. I quitted once before (a little more then a year ago) but was persuaded to stay. I'm not planning on making this a habit
                            My descision is final.

@ SlowThinker:
                            no, I did not arrange for a sub, nor am I planning on doing so. I wouldn't know where to look. The PBEM forum here is practically dead, and I have no contact with your other forum. (what is called? CDG?). I had arranged a sub for my temporary abscence, but that was before it became permanent.

I have put great effort in recreating my moves in between your previous save and the reconstructed one last turn. The war was not started because I would leave. It was allready underway.

I'm not planning to leave any instructions for Sparrowhawk, save for CTRL-N when there is no Assyrian player.
                            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• germanos,
                              but I don't understand why did you start the war as a temporary player? And why didn't you answer when I asked you about it first time?
                              OK, you prepared Assyria for the war during some time, and so it was natural to use the prepared forces, but still the new player could decide himself if and when and how to launch an attack.
                              It would be much easier to find a new player if we announced we need a player for the strongest civ of the game than if we announce Assyria is in war with 1 (or 2 or 3) civs and we prefer the new player follows the original course.

This is a reason why I think it will be better if the new Assyrian player plays this turn.

Peaster,
                              are you in contact wih Zedd? Will he want to play under current situation?

germanos,
                              maybe you could prepare some written info for the new player?

Comment

• I would be happy to follow Germanos, I know a little about this SCEN from before and would like to see it continue. I am restricted from upload on weekends due to lack of net at home, but Mon-Fri I will be happy to lend a hand.
                                Wizards sixth rule:
                                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Working...
                                X