No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be home during about one week now... but then I may have a problem with downloading and uploading files ... it looks internet-cafes in Austria don't allow it... don't you have any advice?
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
      I think you can replay if there will be no interr... (no dictionary here) with Egyptian units.
      The same problem was with Bab-Assyrian replay this turn... but I agree we should avoid this.
      Of course it was a different situation because I replayed the turn without any change.
      The Persian replay for Kull should be really an exception that shouldn't be allowed anymore. It is bad to lose a turn, especially if there is a war in the game, so please WARN ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS WITH ACCESS TO INTERNET IN TIME.
      Last edited by SlowThinker; February 23, 2005, 16:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
        I will be home during about one week now... but then I may have a problem with downloading and uploading files ... it looks internet-cafes in Austria don't allow it... don't you have any advice?

My advice: find a really hot chick who will let you use her home computer.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Amen.....I'm getting awesome "young-US-soldier-on-vacation-in-Vienna" flashbacks......oh those sweet Austrian babes......

{mumbles incoherently}
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I play tomorrow
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• It appears that, despite the honourable diplomatic efforts of Great Pharaoh, the bloodthirsty Assyrian leader doesn't wish to stop his new treacherous attack.
              A long term loan will therefore be granted the Babylonian leader to help him fight victoriously.
              Attached Files
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• No cats

Comment

• Persia will also loan money to Babylon (as soon as we can raise some) and will try to assist in other ways.

Now, if anyone can post on time, it would be Straybow.

Comment

• The scholars of Hattusas work feverishly in that endeavor... it may be tomorrow for you Europeans before I can post.
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• King Mursilis has reached negotiations with Greeks who have settled in Hittite territory contrary to informal agreement in centuries past. We will tolerate their presence provided Hittite units have free passage on the river.

But this is a small matter compared to hostilities in the East. Didanu's objectives are veiled and we can offer no suggestions towards a peaceful settlement.

Hittite trading has yet to turn a profit. When the time comes will can offer war loans at very reasonable rates.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
                        My dear ally wrote that: "war is good for business",

but any war is not good for business with the Hittite-Minoan alliance, especially since we all know that the Assyrian leader is bloodthirsty.

Therefore:
                        - one more Assyrian attack against Babylon = no more Assyrian caravan welcome to any Minoan city;
                        - if no more Assyrian attack, then:
                        a) one Assyrian caravan welcome once the Hittite caravan safely delivered to Assyria,
                        b) no more Assyrian caravan welcome until ALL Assyrian units withdrawn from Anatolia
                        Together with:

It appears that, despite the honourable diplomatic efforts of Great Pharaoh, the bloodthirsty Assyrian leader doesn't wish to stop his new treacherous attack.
                        A long term loan will therefore be granted the Babylonian leader to help him fight victoriously.

It appears to Assyria that Minos is joining the war on Babylon's side and it's extending the war to traders as well.
                        Recent information shows that Minoan caravans are moving northward in Anatolia right into the claws of Assyrian scouts.

Assyria will grant save passage of these traders (expecting to bring hard cash to the Babylonian traitors) to the presumed Greek city not more then a few tiles away at the price of 200 Gold.
                        If this payment is not received within 48 hours after the Babylonian save is posted, hostilities against Minoan traders will start and the Minoan caravan will be assaulted and its cargo looted.
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I have again problems with my mailbox. I hope it is solved now, but urge an answer if I don't reply. Especially if you asked me for some 200 gold. I have enough gold for everybody.

Comment

• an apology

I am very sorry for the delay, I am in middle of my turn but I am waiting for some diplomatic acts, please be patient ( especially germanos).
                            Thank you for comprehension...

Comment

• Re: an apology

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                              I am very sorry for the delay, I am in middle of my turn but I am waiting for some diplomatic acts, please be patient ( especially germanos).
                              Thank you for comprehension...
                              I have all the time in the world.
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Thank you for the patience.
                                I wanted to talk with most leaders, but many of them look to be busy. For example LF is probably working hard to get that 200g

Comment

Working...
                                X