New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharoah,

The Persians consider peace with Egypt another good reason to celebrate. We have just met the Minoans and find them a rather timid race. We are certain that, if you can find them, they will also welcome peace with Egypt.

Our horsemen waited for them a fortnight in an agreed-upon field. We saw and heard nothing, except for strange moaning sounds at night, like those of dying men. Finally our scouts found the Minoan skirmishers alive and well, hiding behind some bushes. We assured them that we meant them no harm, and soon the leaders were sharing drinks around a fire.

[I will post my save as soon as the server allows it. Maybe I can email it to kengel, too.]

Comment

• Straybow, Kull, kengel, La Fayette you are asked about your opinion to Persian civilization.

BTW Last week I sent an e-mail to Stefan where I warned him that I started a debate about Persia. But no answer yet.
      Anyway we should warn Stefan first and give him a time limit to return (like end of January) IMO.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
        we should warn Stefan first and give him a time limit to return (like end of January) IMO.
        This is my opinion
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• I emailed my save to kengel this morning.

I clicked "post reply" all thru the day, trying to post the save here, but kept getting time-out error messages. Finally I clicked on a "quote" button instead, and it seems that works.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Peaster's been pretty diligent for 3 months now, and has certainly earned the right to get final resolution on his status. That said, Stefan was one of the original players in the PBEM, and did provide us a "due back" status in early November:

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
            Guys, thought I'd let you know that I'm still very tied up in things here. I hope to be back in January, but I can't say. Rock on.
            This was his last "in-thread" comment on the subject of a return, and since it's still January, I think it's worth giving him the benefit of the doubt and holding off on a permanent transfer to Peaster until February 1st. (which should be automatic if Stefan doesn't reply to emails or show up here before then).
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• GASP!!

Pharoah verges on heart failure as he notes that FOUR civs have played within a FOUR day period!!
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Here we are again...
                Thanks a lot to Sparrowhawk for the last turn management
                Oh, I told you to greet them with all I have. GREET! Not BEAT ...

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                Hopefully I did everything okay, he told me to attack everyone on this turn, but I couldn't quite reach everyone so I just attacked those civs I could access

* Sparrowhawk
                Nothing new from the usual sleeping greek...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Contrary to their lazy neighbours, Minoan fishermen are busy, busy, busy
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Straybow, Kull, kengel, La Fayette you are asked about your opinion to Persian civilization.

BTW Last week I sent an e-mail to Stefan where I warned him that I started a debate about Persia. But no answer yet.
                    Anyway we should warn Stefan first and give him a time limit to return (like end of January) IMO.

No objections here. Would be nice to keep the original players as long as possible, but if not c'est le vie.

(Have save, waiting on some feedback)
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• "c'est la vie"

(please, correct my mistakes )

Comment

• I was eager to play, opened the Minoan save (in SP mode. Or MP? SP? MP? SP!) ... and...

Workers replaced in Babylon
                        During the LF's turn. Don't tell me LF hits F11 again and again and hopes we will offer him gold so that he stops. I think there is rather another problem that SparrowHawk didn't find. Or La Fayette has a cat...
                        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Yes, I have also found workers out of place (and it was a critical error). Checked Persian and Greek saves: problem occurred on Minoan turn.

It must be something about the French version (danged Frogs )

[Napoleon Dynamite mode]
                          Gawd, you're ruining my life!
                          [/Napoleon]

Maybe we need to make a safety cover for the F11 key.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                            Or La Fayette has a cat...
                            I have two cats
                            I replay right now (and none of my cats will be allowed to come close to my computer any longer)

Comment

• No cat, no F11, here it is
                              (please let me know if it's OK)
                              Attached Files

Comment

• All clear here (don't know if it was messed up in the first place )

It must be something about the French version

You may be on to something...?

Don't chat during turns LaFayette!
                                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X