No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaster, if you decide to play your time will come soon: after Egyptian turn.
    You can read our house rules here: url=http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=2815505#post2815505
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Minoan skirmishers are sissies, anyone knows that
      but the Minoan civdip has been repaired and Minos is ready to any kind of peaceful talks.
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
        Minoan skirmishers are sissies, anyone knows that
        but the Minoan civdip has been repaired and Minos is ready to any kind of peaceful talks.

Next time we'll solve it via CivDip. I've set my attitude (F3-screen) to Minos to enthousiastic, so my AI shouldn't be bothering you again with nonsensical war-declarations.
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• To Kull:

maybe it has not been clear, but the .zip I posted contains BOTH the save and the civdip-file.
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• The Pharaoh is asked to read his correspondence before he gives orders to his officials.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• The emissary from Hatta apologizes profusely to the Great King Didanu. The Royal Court in Hattusas informs the Great King that the message inviting the long-suffering Lost Swordsmen to make use of Assyrian roads cannot be found in the Court records.

A noted courtier, Danus Ratherus, claims to have copies of the missive. He presented to the Court a venerable scribe who says the copy looks like one he saw decades earlier. The King doubts the memory of the aged scribe and Danus Ratherus has fallen out of favor before the Silver Throne for his attempt to embarrass the King's Viziers.

Nonetheless, Mighty King, the King acknowledges the offer of passage for the Lost Swordsmen.

The emissary contacted the Captain of the Lost Swordsmen en route to the glorious Court of Didanu. The Captain was uncertain where the road led. The emissary wonders if he might deliver a small map of the roads near Ish-Mandarun to guide the Captain?
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                Department of Interior
                Hittite scouts
                Assyria shares the Hittite regret for the crowded roads near Ish-Mandaroun, and we will do everything possible to ensure a save and quick passage for the Hittite scouts south of the port. It will be a difficult operation though, as the ZOC of the city practically blocks the passage to Tarsus all by itself. We suggest that the swordsmen will follow the road east of them when they break up their camp. Assyria would like to know if the scouts are indeed heading for Tarsus, or if they have a more eastern destination. Providing directions will ensure swift passage.
                (from the post going with the 2900 save

However, we acknoledge that sometimes these message might get lost in my long posts?

Anyway, a map could be send to Hatta. I think I have at least the adress of Danus Ratherus(TM)

Comment

• Pharoah apologizes for lateness, and begs indulgence - he sallies forth to acquire a cabin in the southern New Mexico mountains today! Will read messages and try to play by tomorrow.

P.S. Welcome Peaster!
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker

Also you can download the last Egyptian turn and open Persian position.
                    I seem to need Stefan's password to do this. I have looked over the house rules and the CFC PBEM FAQ, PLAH? (pretty long acronym, huh?). I am probably ready, but

* don't have civdip or other programs
                    * have MGE but don't know version number
                    * have no idea of Stefan's plans, alliances, etc.

Comment

• Peaster:

CivDip is a fine tool, but you can play as well without it.
                      If you do a search for CivDip 3.0 or something similar here on the forum you should be able to find it.
                      Or alternatively, follow SlowThinkers link in his sig: I'm quite sure the links to the program is in the Great Library.

AFAIK, any version of MGE is just fine.
                      You will need Kull's scenario though (in post #1 (?))

In cases like this, it is often a wise thing for Steo
                      phans allies to come forth with the mutual agreements and strategies. If such things exist, you will probably be contacted by PM.

As far as Assyria and Persia go: There is peace, and the mountain range between us is both a natural and a formal border.
                      There is not much contact, as Stephan is very sparse in replying to PM's and the like.
                      There is a barbarian Warrior fortified north of Kyroshata (sp?) but this one is likely to be a vet, so don't throw inferior forces at it. The barb is disputed by our nations on a 'come first-serve first basis'. The barb, when defeated will bring 50 gold and a settler near your capital (only valid for Warriors! (stationary units))

If you need to know more, conact Didanu of the Assyrians by PM, or ask in the thread.

Germanos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                        I seem to need Stefan's password to do this.
                        This part I think I can help with.

I will watch this thread (as I usually do) and repost Kull's save without a password (hopefully this is possible without playing any of the turn.....if not I will send the password to Peaster).

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• However, we acknoledge that sometimes these message might get lost in my long posts?

/me grumbles that the search feature can't find its own arse with both hands
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Ra's chariot doth ride across the sky.....
                            Attached Files
                            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Peaster's on

Comment

• I attempted to change the password for the Persians (unsuccessfully, I would have had to start the turn to do so).

Therefore I sent the Password by PM to Peaster and he should be able to download and play the turn.

Game on.

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X