Comment

• LOL... looks as luck for Stefan...
      here is the game:
      La Fayette, please update to this file!
      Attached Files

Comment

• (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Wake up, my dear ally
          (I have had a computer crash, but it seems to be repaired now)
          Attached Files
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Computers. I've been trying to trace a suspected spyware or something for days now. I have a continuous outflow of 2kB-7kB per sec with no traceable source. I've been using Spybot and it keeps finding "DSO (data source object) exploits" involving some registry settings that get reset on boot-up, and removing via Spybot doesn't stop the stream. Gonna d/l Ad-Aware to see if it catches something Spybot systemmatically misses.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Yep, I've got the same thing - even worse, when I run Adware it causes the system to reboot

Others have noted and discussed the recurring "DSO Exploit":

To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• While Straybow II works to ferret out spies in the courts of Hattusas the kingdom goes about its business.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Found three bonfires in the desert today:
                  1 read man in the 1st one (killed!)
                  8 red horsemen in the 2nd
                  1 nomad in the 3rd ( will be eaten by those 8 red men soon)

Persian ambassador is asked to a hearing. He will explain presence of Persian war units in Babylonian territory! We won't let our women be raped like Assyrians did!
                  Attached Files
                  Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• We won't let our women be raped like Assyrians did!
                    Too late

Our soldiers got lost in a sandstorm. They will be withdrawn immediately.
                    Follow the masses!
                    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Germanos is usually a regular to play his turn, I assume he will notice that he is up and post shortly, but if not, I will download and post the Control N save likely by tomorrow.

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• system failure

Duh!

It seems rather infectionous (is that english?)

BOTH my harddrives have big problems. One is dead, the other can only be accessed in DOS.

I have ordered a new PC to replace my vintage 166 Mhz MMX that has been good to me until he reached the mature age of 9. I guess that is about as old as harddrives get.
                        I expect to be out of processing power for another week or so, and I'll need to re-download the Civ Patches and scenarios probably as well, so maybe I can persuade Sparrowhawk to sub for me.

I'll PM him a few things that could be done for the Assyrian Empire, after which he can Ctrl-N for the rest.
                        If its to much trouble for you Sparrowhawk, a Ctrl-N alone will do as well.

I'll be back faster and more powerfull then ever

(the mere idea of running civ2 on a 2.4 Ghz/1GigRAM makes me laugh though )
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Okay, save has been downloaded and PM received. I am preparing to play (though I need an atlas to follow some of Germanos instructions my knowledge of the geography of the area is not what it should be...though it seems a little strange that he wants me to attack any units within reach, who am I to argue jk! )

Hopefully your new computer works well for you, I look forward to hearing how it works out, as it seems many people have had troubles running Civ on a faster machine (especially if the new computer has XP, but Good Luck )

btw, I believe the word is “infectious”

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sparrowhawk,

I'll be away from my computer until the 14th of August.
                            If my turn comes back sooner, please have a look at "the huge growth of the Minoan Empire"
                            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Turn complete. Save attached.

/me
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Ummm, who is up? Kull?

Moses says, "Let my PBEM go!"

Comment

Working...
                                X