New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Sparrowhawk

Given Egypts last message, I propose that IF you need to fill in for Straybow next turn, you move the Hittite unit that has been blocking the Egyptian road for two turns now.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Hopefully Straybow will be able to play his turn and move the offensive unit in the appropriate direction, but if not, I will move it unless someone posts an objection ( and I don't think that will be Kull )
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
        Hopefully Straybow will be able to play his turn and move the offensive unit in the appropriate direction, but if not, I will move it unless someone posts an objection ( and I don't think that will be Kull )
        That would be VERY safe assumption!
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Not sure if anyone has sent a PM reminder to Stefen yet or not, but just in case I loaded the game and did the "contol-n" thing for the Persians.

Hopefully not an indication of things to come but two players have needed me to control n their turn just in this round alone .

Here is the save:
          Attached Files
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thanks, Sparrowhawk. All others: I'll be in time next time. Sorry.
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• No one has played yet, (and the save has not yet been downloaded) so you could still play your turn, just ignore my save.

Note to other players I am PMing this message to Stefan as well.

Comment

• Yeah Stefan!

Persia awaits thee, oh wise King
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Alright, thanks for the second chance (just don't give me too many of 'em!).

Kyroushata founded on the shore of Lake Urmia. A Hittite settlement was made out near the Black Sea.
                  Attached Files
                  Follow the masses!
                  30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Peaceful the greek went on with doing nothing
                    Enjoy!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• The demonstrations in Knossos almost turn to riots: " We want a king ... we want a king ... or at least a gracious queen*".

* This is supposed to be a joke; not a summary of the opinion of the author.
                      Attached Files
                      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Hoping that like Stefan, Straybow will return and play his turn so that this save is not needed, but I loaded the game and pressed "control-n", for Slowthinker to play (and complete those FOUR new wonders while he is at it )

Note to the Egyptians: The offending unit has continued on his way, and looks forward to seeing you again in the future....the distant future that is.

/me the eternal sub
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you Sparrowhawk. Until Straybow returns and present himself, I think we might not to wait 72 hours for him. So La Fayette could send you an e-mail after each his turn.

I must spread my wonders out a little, otherwise somebody will really catch my cheating out one day.
                          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• babylon 3010

6 wonders next turn ...
                            Attached Files
                            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• The Assyrian Empire continues to prosper.

To the Hittites we send word that our scouts have payed a brief visit to their Capital, Hattusas. They have left the vicinity of the city, but could not yet clear the city-radius. Our Horsemen come in peace, and they have been carefull not to stay on lands that are worked by the Hittite farmers.

Traders from Nineveh have embarked on a ship for a long voyage. They hope they will be able to trade with the Greek and the Minoans. Assyria asks both nations if the traders are welcome to their shores.

Assyria congratulates Persia with their recent settlement on lake Urmia. We hope it will prosper, and bring wealth to the Persian people. Assyria looks forward to trade with this outpost, and other cities. For this purpose, an Assyrian scouting party on horseback has transpassed the Persian-Assyrian border south of Lake Urmia.
                              These Horsemen have strict orders not to interfere in any domestic affairs within the noble Persian Empire.

Desert tribes pay a tribute totalling 50 gold to the mighty Assyrian Empire.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Like an ill wind, fearful news from the Eastern Wastes blows into Memphis. A ragged scout has entered the Halls of Pharoah, bringing news of a vast Barbarian Horde. He served with a force of Egyptian charioteers who entered what appeared to be a deserted village, only to find themselves surrounded by bandits beyond counting, a vast army that seemed to spring up from the sands themselves. Sent forth by his commander under cover of darkness, the messenger was lucky to escape with his life - and the fate of his unit is as yet unknown. But as the tale spreads through the streets and alleys, the heartrending sounds of weeping and wailing reveal that their wives and mothers expect the worst.

And harken to this Imsu of Assyria! Our messenger reports his unit had earlier encountered Assyrian charioteers in the area, and they too may be at risk! May the Gods grant victory to our armies in this dark hour!
                                Attached Files
                                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                                X