Clear All

• Sparrowhawk,

Friendly offer
    Thank you very much

(No password for Minos)
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
      I would be happy to help out on those hopefully rare occassions this would be needed. (and I check Apolyton on an almost daily basis, and have subscribed to this thread as well).
      That's great!
      Maybe we may provide the same service for your PBEM?
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• As requested by the leader of the Babylonians, I have loaded and did the "control n" for the Hittites (and saved and emailed the save). It seems the clock is ticking for the Hittite leader, but there is still time before Slowthinker makes use of this save.

Originally posted by SlowThinker

That's great!
        Maybe we may provide the same service for your PBEM?
        Hmmm, perhaps Kengel (the organizer of the game some 4+ years ago) or La Fayette (our newest replacement leader) would be better to answer this question,but I will attempt to give my opinion. Our game continues on...slowly at times, but I don't think any player could afford to lose a turn by having this happen, perhaps if things change for the worse in the future (the game is moving at a reasonable pace right now) this could be considered, but for now, I think we are okay without subs (though we have had allies play both civs for extended periods of time). Thanks for the offer though, and perhaps it will become necessary at some point in the future (we lost a player for reason similar to what Germanos mentioned above, and at one point had a rotation of turns (7 players turns) take 3 months to play, at that point I too was thinking of moving on ). Currently a round of turns takes approx. 2 weeks, which is fine with me

/me interim leader of.......ALL

Note to all: Though this is a solution to missing players, I would like to make it clear that I am not making any decisions. For instance in regard to city production or resource usage, moving any units, or attacking or defending. The only decision I may end out making in filling in is choosing the next technology. In other words, though this will keep the game moving, I doubt anyone wants this to happen, as they effectively lose the turn (hopefully without causing any long term damage to themselves or others however )
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thanks Sparrowhawk - using you as the "Control-N" guy is an effective resolution to the problem. As for the password issue, rather than prohibit them, password users will simply have to face the possibility that the AI could play their turn (or they could send it along to Sparrowhawk). And given that we've agreed on 72 hours - if three days pass with no word from the missing player, on the 4th day the next in line can just request Sparrowhaks services via PM or private email.
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I am not sure if Straybow knows about our 72-hours rule. It is hidden somewhere in the thread...

I think we can continue, but we should replay if Straybow will come next week and his civ will be hurted by the turn skipping too much...

Originally posted by Kull
            As for the password issue, rather than prohibit them, password users will simply have to face the possibility that the AI could play their turn
            As far I have understood not only the password user will suffer from the AI control. I think also other civs may be damaged (AI 'checks' F11 and activates the F11 bug?).

Is there anybody here which civ is passworded?

Comment

• Straybow was skipped...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Tracking my PM to Straybow I see he was last online at Apolyton on 5.12. So that needn't be a problem of this turn only...

We will skip him now, but what to do next turn?

Comment

• Cease fire signed with the Minoans.

Barbarian tribe captured, slaves brought to Nineveh.
                  Attached Files
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Thanks Sparrowhawk for your help You did well, and indeed you should try to do as little as possible. If in doubt what to do, you can allways come here and ask .

STORY

King Mandaru is saddened by the news from Hatta. Rumour has it that the noble leader of the House of Straybow is sick and unable to attend the affairs of State. Pulic life is stagnating, and the economy is apparently slowly deteriorating, as the people of Hatta miss the guidance of their shining example: the King of Hatta.
                    Assyrian scouts have met with their Hittite comrades, who sit idle by their fires on the plains west of the Great Desert, and citizens from Karkemish can see the Hittite swordsmen on the banks of the Eastern Euphrates gathering food, some of the veturing in the woods, others trying to catch fish with their weapons...
                    The faith of another Hittite band is more happy: they celebrate with the Moabites in the evening, and work their fields during the day. But all Hatte we meet suffer from the same: lack of orders.

Mandaru fears that the faith of the Hatte King may befall in him as well sometime, and allthough his advisors tell him such a thing is not possible, the Assyrian ruler orders his subordinates to pray to the Gods and to sacrifice some bread, a few berries or a sheep to appease the forces of nature, and that the Gods may continue to cast their lessing on the mortals who try to run the empires of this world, and that good health may return soon to his Hatta neighbour, and prosperity may once again settle in the Hatte empire.

Word has reached the capitol that some hotheads in Anatolia declared war on eachother. Great was Mandaru's anger when he found out his own officers were involved in this, allthough he was happy this hothead was roaming some barbarian lands instead of garrisonning one of the Assyrian cities. The Minoan involvement in the matter surely played a major part as well, and all this didn't bode well for the future. Envoys were dispatched, and it was quickly learned that the Minoans had tied their faith to the Hittite's, and so a cease-fire similar to the one we signed with them was agreed to. The Minoans then eagerly started to talk about tech-trading, but that seemed only proper for the Kings of our nations to decide, and so the paths of the Assyrians and Minoans parted once again.
                    When the Assyrian scouts were well on their way, they received a last greeting from the Minoans:
                    Attached Files
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Behold, the Great Day has come at last - all Egypt is united under Pharoah's Benevolent hand! The walls of the cursed Bandit City of Thebes lie in ruins and the rebellious Nubians have tasted the bitter dregs of defeat.

Pharoah is like unto a River to his People, and now the Blessings of Peace shall flow unimpeded across the length and breadth of the Sacred Nile Kingdom!
                      Attached Files
                      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Hey folks,
                        In order not to be the delaying factor in this game (as I have been often enough), I urge you to skip my turn if I can't make it in time. As I have posted before, there's much school now, and the time I get to play civ or check my internet activities is painfully scarce. I also go out much more often, because that seems to be the only way to get some sort of balance. But I am still interested in this game.

In other words, the Great King is in Great Stress and has a Great Demand for Tequila!
                        Attached Files
                        Follow the masses!
                        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Sleepy and boring the last 50 years have been for the greek...
                          Enjoy!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                            Hey folks,
                            In order not to be the delaying factor in this game (as I have been often enough), I urge you to skip my turn if I can't make it in time. As I have posted before, there's much school now, and the time I get to play civ or check my internet activities is painfully scarce. I also go out much more often, because that seems to be the only way to get some sort of balance. But I am still interested in this game.

In other words, the Great King is in Great Stress and has a Great Demand for Tequila!

Make sure you keep Sparrowhawk aware of your password, and maybe tell him your long term strategy as well?

Happy Holidays, I wish you a great de-stressing period ahead

Comment

• Actually a long term strategy won't mean much to me, as all I am doing is selected new techs if one is completed. (so a tech goal might help, but that's about it).

I will PM Stefan and ask him about passwords though.

/me

(Edit: Name spelled wrong )
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I have the game and shall play tomorrow.
                                Unfortunately, I also received a message from Straybow who is facing huge hardware problems.

Sparrowhawk, I suppose you must be ready to be the Hittite leader for this turn.
                                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                                X