No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a problem, I just wanted to make sure you were using the correct game file.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Hittite actions 3060.

No turn messages to be relayed to our neighbors.

The winds were contrary unto the ships of Knossus, and my Lord Minos was unable to make the trip to Grotta for parlay with King Mursilis. The King then attempted to negotiate with the Royal Nephew.

The King now realizes why Lord Minos had sent the Royal Nephew to the farthest colony of his realm. A very disagreeable fellow, he demanded items not agreed upon in negotiations by post, and ignored my attempts to comply with the agreement of Kings.

Eventually the King was able to impress upon the young man that his exile would likely be extended if he did not take at least one of the gifts of the Great Kings of Hatte and Aegyptos. He saw no wisdom in our majestic way of government, nor in the drawing of maps. But some… perversity… in him drew him to our camels. Our language has no word for such things, and Our Dignity forbids we elaborate, lest the gods be angered.

Thy nephew, Lord Minos, shall return to Knossus with the choicest breeder pairs and sucklings of camels in the herd of the Great King Mursilis. Herders and husbandmen, as well as craftsmen skilled in making of saddle and paniers, shall accompany him. May the gods grant them fair winds and calm seas.

The King prays that Lord Minos find another post for his Nephew, and find another emissary to dispatch to Grotta with which Our concerns and Yours may be met.

[edit: minor corrections + smilies)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Straybow; November 7, 2003, 07:27.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Contact with Mycenaeans

For many years we have spotted leaky tubs with dingy orange ensigns wallowing in the waves of the Pontus, but their sailors have feared to put ashore at the sight of mighy Hatte patrols. Now a company of Charioteers from our Western Corps has encountered some scruffy-looking riders bearing similar orange banners on their lances in the valley of the great river Askanios.

The Captain's loyal Mysian guide informs us that these are the children of Iapetos, men of Mycenae. Here they call themselves "Ionians" and fight against the mighty forces of Troy. The Saga of the great Trojan hero Paris, slain by a poisoned arrow from a bow of magick wrought by Herakles himself, have echoed in the Courts of Hattusas.

Our faithful Captain entertained the company of riders there on the dusty banks of the Askanios. He taught the Grecian Captain the skills of Mapmaking, the gift of the Great King of Aegyptos to all the civilized world.

We informed these riders that the Hatte claim the straights of Bosphorus as our western boundary. The riders and the sailors on our coasts are welcome to visit our lands and shall be fairly treated by our Chieftains and Governors and Captains.

[minor edit]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Straybow; November 8, 2003, 12:35.
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Use of the marvel Map Making

Ancient regions, mostly the Greek names, with modern names in parentheses (note: modern spelling is often Bosporus rather than Bosphorus).
          Attached Files

Comment

• babylon 3060

Attached Files
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Stefan, are you able to read e-mails at t-online.de? Did you reach my e-mails? I know you had problems with your comp...
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• To Egypt:
                Moabite Swordsmen are eager to return home from the fertile hills of Wadi Rum. They have moved north, and will head back west next turn. We ask you not to obstruct their path.

To Persia:
                Egyptian MapMaking has been passed on to your Ambassador. Our scouts in the east have moved away from your lands.

To Hatta: your scouts can move on again. We have arranged for your passage, so don't mind the irrigation, you are welcome in the rivervillage. If you decide to head east of Karkemish, your path will be clear as well.

To Babylon: enjoy the fruit of the Egyptian labour in regard to the craft of Mapmaking.
                Attached Files
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• For the past several seasons, peaceful Egyptian traders have been waylaid and robbed by bandits in the vicinity of the Nubian city of Thebes. Seeking recompense and an end to the lawlessness, Pharoah dispatched emissaries to the city, but found his peaceful overtures rewarded with lies and evasions. Clearly it was time to show these criminals the full extent of their folly.

And at last justice is nigh, for today Egyptian roadbuilding crews completed the last stretch of military road between Abydos and Thebes - and along it marched an army of Egyptian Swordsmen, and, most fearsome of all to the denizens of walled Thebes, a train of mighty Ladder Towers! The siege has begun, and by all indications it won't be a long one!

On the self-same day on which the investment of Thebes was completed - and unbeknownst to most of the inhabitants of Egypt, an Engineering feat of awesome proportions was nearing completion. For off in the distant deserts south of Canaan, a weary band of laborers arrived beneath the walls of Petra - signalling the completion of a mighty road network extending from distant Thebes to the very shores of the Dead Sea!

To Mandaru my Brother - Pharoah's skirmishers have continued their journey eastwards, and no longer stand between thy men and their Moabite home.
                  Attached Files
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• To Assyria: I would like to negotiate about territories now that map sharing is no longer a problem. If you can, please send me an email, because I lost the adress of the royal court in Niniveh
                    To all others: Sorry for any delay from now to the future. It might be that you will have to skip some of my turns in April/May (only meant as a forewarning), because school is getting serious now. Currently, I can still obey any time limit, but this may become problematic in the future.
                    Attached Files
                    Follow the masses!
                    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• With some more good stories to tell wife & kids at home, our fearless horsemen travels back to south. At a good wine, he feels friendly welcomed by the Hatti folk. The wine was a really good one, and as a present we gladly received the wonderful advance of map making, which was gifted by the great egyptian king to the folks of the known world.
                      The wine was even excellent, so for some reason our mighty horsemen forgot to ask about exchanging the known geography on papyrus. We respect the Bosphorus as a kind of natural border between our folks, which might live in peaceful neighborhood in future.
                      We just claim to kick the butt of those treacherous citizens of troia, who abducted and raped in their unholiness the greek kings wife, Helena.
                      Maybe an exchange of maps will help our folks to negotiate any more borders.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!

Comment

• Don't snore too loudly, archer !
                          You should be busy playing your turn in the 'Sailing' succession game
                          I take care of Minos today.
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• redalert

I have been advised to play with Ae-3500p instead of Ae-3500b.
                            But my defenders now have turned to spies, I can see airbases and I own Advanced Flight.
                            Could anyone help?

Comment

• Is the save in the scenario folder???
                              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyrion
                                Is the save in the scenario folder???
                                yes it is

Comment

Working...
                                X