No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Online connection?" Do you mean we load as an internet game at some point when we are both free and use the multiplayer dialogue?
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Strawboy:
      Yes, it is perfectly OK to use the 'regular' MP fuction if needed. Being able to run CivDip or not is not necessary to play in a PBEM.

Also, in many instances you will be able to strike deals with the AI of the players, but obviously only if this has been agreed to by the respective players.

CivDip has the advantage that players don't have to arrange for a time-slot for the negotiations/deals, which can be quite troublesome due to different timezones.

A few things though: You cannot exchange maps (until your civ has mapmaking) and you cannot sign alliances in MP (as this will effectively give you a view of the other civs techs).
      On the other hand, it is perfectly OK to have alliances in the game, with all the benefits of iZOC and all.

In regard to the game: Assyria (me) and the Hittite (or Hatte as they are also refered to) have had a little border dispute. At the moment there is a cease-fire, while a settlement is being discussed (tanelorn left during the negotiations). You can rest assured the cease-fire will hold for at least 1 or 2 turns more, as you might need some time to figure out what happened and determine your stance on the matter.
      Read the last three pages of the thread (if you have time, read all ), most of the info is in there.
      I can PM you with more info, if so requested by PM.

Unfortunately, the Hatte now see their fourth King, although the Assyrians have only met them under Tanelorns rule, and thus we have only had to deal with his policies.

As it is clear that Assyria declared war on the Hatte, and Egypt has stood up as a mediator, I feel it is not fitting if I would start PM-ing you now and plea my case.
      This does however not mean I am not interested in talking with the Hatte and their new King.

To Egypt:
      Obviously, Assyria still stands by the offers previously made to the Hatte King, and the unfortunate abdication of King Tanelorn will not change the Assyrian position in our dispute. While shortly before King Tanelorns abdication direct talks had started between me and him, and seems only fitting that Egypt will take up its mediation efforts now a new Hatte ruler has been chosen.
      IIRC, I have informed you on the latest developments when Tanelorn had left, either by PM or by e-mail (with maps).
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Yes, germnose, I need to catch up on the mediated negotiations and have requested an email from Kull. His PM box is full, so direct negotiations are at a standstill.

I've read the last 6 pp (150 posts), checked out the kingdom, gotten a little confused about the map and its doodads. (For example, I can't figure out what function the "towns" have, and I can find no explanation in the Readmes.)
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Straybow,
          towns are airbases. Barbs on top are 0-movement and 0-attack units. Warriors have defense 2 and you get 50 gold and one NONE Settler to your capital if you kill them.
          Try to start a SP game and play 40 turns - you will become more familiar with the game.
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
            Yes, germnose

I see the new Hatte leader is not to be fooled with
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Whooo, me?

Comment

• Stray, I am on line
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Going to PM

Comment

• Apparently I have ver 5.2.5 instead of 5.4.0 and we can't connect. Must find patch!

Comment

• Seeds PBEM

That's right.
                      I send you my savegame today and we solve that problem later on.

Comment

• Silly me, I thought "no limits" took care of that.
                        Problem now solved!

Does that mean I need to redo "no limits?"
                        Last edited by Straybow; October 25, 2003, 08:47.

Comment

• 3080 to Hittites

Get the game from one new neighbour.
                          Transfer it to another new neighbour.
                          Best of wishes to my new neighbours.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Welcome aboard Straybow! PM box cleared and Hatti Negotiation emails forwarded per your request.
                            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• That proposal has already been forwarded to Assyria?

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                                That proposal has already been forwarded to Assyria?
                                Not from Pharoah.
                                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                                X