No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assyrian forces have subdued a small village ahead of the two Hittite Skirmishers groups that have travelled further south. The villagers cheered when the troops moved in, and their knowledge of powerfull weaponry was shared with the commander and scribes of the regiment. More towns will be brought under Assyrian influence when new forces that will be equiped with powerfull arms.

About a month's march west from there, the Assyrian charioteers that had layed seige for many years, finally struck at the defenders of Jericho. The battle raged for days, and the defending regiment put on a stiff fight behind their strong defenses. Taking heavy losses, the charioteers did emerge victorious, and the inhabitants were taken as slaves to Nineveh.

Elsewhere in the restless Moab province Charioteers have left Moab on a training mission, and inadvertadly stumbled upon a city. This peacefull settlement housed merchentmen and farmers, and they occasional Egyptian civil servant was seen in the structures that where erected in the center. The Assyrians assured the governor they were on a peacefull mission, and apologized to the Egyptian representative for the Assyrian troops that have camped outside the gates of Petra. They will withdraw from the Egyptian lands once they have rested their horses.

The King is dead, long live the King.
    Harharu, son of Kitlamu, has ascended the Throne when his father passed away in the 38th year of his reign.

Assyrian priests welcomed the good omen for Harharu's reign when 50 goldpieces were found in the southern desert by scouts.

Harharu found this in the bottom drawer of his desk:

Originally posted message from the Great King of Persia to the king of Assyria:

Persia claims the city your troops are besieging (146,56). An army is already moving towards it. If we understood things correctly, Babylon tolerates that Persia is going to take this city. Many Persians died in the past when trying to take it, so it is emotionally important to us that this city will be taken by the Persians.
    Harharu sends this word to the Persian King:

Assyrian troops have been called to this village during the early years of Kitlamu's reign. Assyria has fought it's battles with the inhabitants as well, and many have died. Assyrian skirmishers will remain at their fortified positions in the woods near the village until reinforcements will have arrived. If the Persian troops that are advancing on the village emerge victorious in future clashes with the evil barbarians in the years to come, so be it and we'll acknowledge Persian rule over the village and it's inhabitants. Be warned however that the villagers are strong and experienced in battle.

We do not however accept the Persian claim on the village as such. Assyrian forces will take the village as soon as they are ready.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by germanos; July 14, 2003, 14:27.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
      A message from the Great King of Persia to the kings of Babylon and Assyria:

Babylon, you are again dangerously close to Persian territory. Please withdraw your units from 146,48. If you are interested in the geography of this territory, we can negotiate about a map exchange.

Assyria, Persia claims the city your troops are besieging (146,56). An army is already moving towards it. If we understood things correctly, Babylon tolerates that Persia is going to take this city. Many Persians died in the past when trying to take it, so it is emotionally important to us that this city will be taken by the Persians.

In other news, the Great King has announced that he likes onion soup.

Actually Bablyon endorses Assyria to take the city many years before. Bablyon however has no problem with Persia's claim to the city.

In otherwords Babylon has no disputes regarding this highly defended village!
      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Hittites, I just got back in town after being out of town on business. Your public proposal is rejected.

Comment

• Nomarch Ramesses II sends word to his brother in Nineveh:

"The hospitality visited upon our skirmishers near Moab shall be provided ten-fold to the weary Assyrian charioteers resting outside Petra. Copper from our nearby mines shall refurbish your spears - the waters from the Bitter Sea shall serve as balm to their callused hands and soles - and thy warriors shall find (as did the sons of Ra before them) that the Nabatean women are skilled in many arts besides that of cooking!"
          Attached Files
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• To Assyria:

As much as we would like to settle the dispute, we must keep our claim to the village. We trust it is closer to our territory than to yours, and we have propably discovered and fought the village earlier than you (yes, this sounds childish), our records of this city go back to 3370 BC.
            In order to settle this matter, we are ready to negotiate about these rights and other matters, shall there be any.
            However, we assure you and the world that the Assyrian-Persian friendship is unharmed.

To Babylon:

We are grateful and happy that you have chosen the path of peace, and we will be your friendly and peaceful neighbour for all times to come.

In other news, Persian scouts are moving north of Lake Urmia. In our friendly manner, we are reporting news to the Assyrians that we claim the lake and the surrounding territories to the north and to the west and will soon send settlers there to cultivate the lands.
            Attached Files
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Persia:

Bablyon's king's is very forgettfull in his old age. When and how did this war started between are two people?
              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Another city, Pylos, has been founded.
                Attached Files

Comment

• We aren't certain either. It was propably just a little disagreement between scouts.
                  Follow the masses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefan Härtel

In other news, Persian scouts are moving north of Lake Urmia. In our friendly manner, we are reporting news to the Assyrians that we claim the lake and the surrounding territories to the north and to the west and will soon send settlers there to cultivate the lands.
                    Persia is welcome to scout Lake Urmia, as Assyrian scouts have done long ago Assyria will respect Persian settlements, although we suggest to Persia to set them up at the eastern banks. There is little to be had west.

King Harharu is amused by all the claims Persia is making. The claim on the western area of Lake Urmia effectively claims the Assyrian Capital The Persian king is surely jesting.
                    We don't feel the need to bicker over this issue though. Given the geography of said region, it is highly unlikely the Persians will be foolish enough to settle the barren hills and mountains in eastern Assyria.

Regarding the Village on the Babylonian-Persian border: as has been said by the Babylonian King, we have been invited to subdue the village, and remove the threat. We will not stand in the way of Persian ambitions, but if they fail to take the village, Assyria will do so in due time. Currently we lack the offensive capabilities, so we pose no threat to Persian ambitions. May the gods have mercy on your forces, oh King of Persia.
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• We don't feel the need to bicker over this issue though. Given the geography of said region, it is highly unlikely the Persians will be foolish enough to settle the barren hills and mountains in eastern Assyria.

Currently, our knowledge of the lake is rather scarce. The eastern banks have been secured and will soon see flourishing cities. We withdraw our claim to the west.

As for the village, we will start a major offensive. Persian troops have already encountered Assyrian ones. We would regard it as helpful if the Assyrians could move away a square or two so the ZoCs will not hinder us. If you don't do so, we will be forced to ask you again
                      Follow the masses!

Comment

• Ancient Empires PBEM

Not much to say, road construction is booming. Assyrian envoys are wellcome in the vicinity of Ptereia .The Aegean chariot corps is recalled from the siege of Troy to the town of Gordion.

Agamemnon, check your PM box.
                        Attached Files
                        "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                        -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                        "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                        "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• all is well, maybe war would be good, Persia, We declare war, Assryia we declare war!

All die tonight!
                          Attached Files
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Has the great King of Babylon last his mind? King Harharu is puzzled. Why has Babylon chosen a path of War against the Assyrians? Foolishness, and a costly one, for both nations. We can only hope we have misunderstood the words of the Babylonian ruler.
                            The Babylonian ambassador has been called to the King, and the uncooperative envoy wasn't willing to hand over the request to retreat Babylonian forces from the Assyrian borders to his King.
                            Harharu is enraged by this, and surely this message will get across to King Hammurabi. New recrutes have been called to armes in Arbela. Charioteers have been send out to scout the fortified positions of the Babylonian Swordsmen near the city, other scouts have been send to scout the hinterland. Their information tells us that Assyria is save, for now.
                            No hostile actions have been taken against the Babylonians yet, since we sincerely hope war will be avoided, but if not, Assyria will and can defend its interests. Facing the threat of war, the King has ordered his wise men to start studying the development of bronze weaponry.
                            (We have tried to contact Babylon, but the forum is getting intolerably difficult for me to access, I don't know why. Most of the time I cannot access Apolyton, while other sites prove to be no problem. Therefore I played my turn without any PM-diplomacy involved, while I surely would have liked to speak to Hammurabi personally… )

Assyrian Skirmishers have opened up the road for Persian troops in the South-East, so they may go forth in their quest to humble the evil barbarian townsmen.

In the far west, Assyrian scouts visited the Hittite city of Ptereia, where they received a warm welcome. Not wanting to overstay their welcome, they moved on, and will soon leave the city-limits. In the south-west another picknick is held with Hittite scouts. They tell us they are moving south in order to establish contact with the Babylonians. Now that we have received Babylons declaration of war however, passage through Assyria is denied, and we call upon the Hittite to retreat to their homeland untill the issue is solved.
                            Diplomatic status is set to uncooperative in regard of this matter..

The exhausted Charioteers, yet feeling refreshed after their visit to the delights of Petra, with their rested horses pulling the chariots with hither unknown passion towards the far horizons, have made a wild dash into the vast desert again. Their destination onknown, but their mission clear: explore the vast lands waiting for the assyrian Kingdom. South-west of Petra, Assyrian scouts have reached the limits of their scouting mission as was agreed to with the Egyptians, and they have begon their journey back to their homelands.

One Village has been discovered near Nineveh.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• We have tried to contact Babylon, but the forum is getting intolerably difficult for me to access, I don't know why. Most of the time I cannot access Apolyton, while other sites prove to be no problem.
                              Same here. I am thinking of dropping out because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Clark

Same here. I am thinking of dropping out because of it.
                                Please don't

We could always pass the games via e-mail, or start a mirror thread on CivFanatics if the problem persists.

The last few days Apolyton has been OK for me.
                                * germanos crosses fingers
                                * germanos knocks on wood

Comment

Working...
                                X