No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry - i had network issues and couldn't post before leaving on vacation. just got the file and will try to play and post within a couple days. (i'm at the beach so there are, shall we say, conflicting priorities)
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• The Egyptian Empire continues the eastward expansion....
      Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Yop announced at CFC he won't be able to play games untill the 24th of July.

Should we try to find a sub for him, or have the AI take over?
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• A message from the Great King of Persia to the kings of Babylon and Assyria:

Babylon, you are again dangerously close to Persian territory. Please withdraw your units from 146,48. If you are interested in the geography of this territory, we can negotiate about a map exchange.

Assyria, Persia claims the city your troops are besieging (146,56). An army is already moving towards it. If we understood things correctly, Babylon tolerates that Persia is going to take this city. Many Persians died in the past when trying to take it, so it is emotionally important to us that this city will be taken by the Persians.

In other news, the Great King has announced that he likes onion soup.
          Attached Files
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• First of two new cities are founded: Tiryns

Hittites, please check your PM.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
              Yop announced at CFC he won't be able to play games untill the 24th of July.

Should we try to find a sub for him, or have the AI take over?
              A 3 week absence is a bit too long to wait. As for a temporary replacement - that's the responsibility of the player to make those arrangements. I checked his profile and Yop hasn't posted at Apolyton since 6/26, so I'd recommend we just move along.

Comment

• A replacement is too much IMHO.
                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• tanelorn, your PM box is full.

Comment

• Now it's empty

Comment

• Asia Minor being Hittite territory, I will allow a single unit of yours to cross the straights, bona fide, and then the guard assume their previous position. Agreed, Agamemnon? It goes without saying that your trade units will always be welcome, no questions asked. I want this agreement to be made public.

Comment

• Still waiting for an answer...
                        In the far eastern reaches, Hittites approach lake Thospitis (Van). Persians mustn't be far away.
                        Alas, those children of the Nile remain elusive... It is rumored back in Hattussas they don't even exist. It remains to be seen.
                        Other than that, the recent discovery of toilet parchment prooved rather dissapointing... it sure beats the traditional clay tablets though
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Request to Tanelorn:

I probably should have posted this earlier, but the first player in a PBEM game is the ONLY one who will see turn-based Event Messages. Thus it's important that you share these with the other players. Most of the civ-specific events had to be removed from this PBEM version (and I'm beginning to fear that playing on Prince level instead of Deity has also completely defanged "Barbarian Wrath"), but there are still a few Quests, Disasters and Barbarian invasions to liven things up!

Comment

• I got none yet, weird.
                            I am not sure if I got the one about the Scythians & you in this one, too.

Comment

• babylon founded, contact was made with persia. no trade was conducted peace was made
                              Attached Files
                              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• troops are withdrawing to there cities
                                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                                X