New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game on

Adamu, the glorius leader of Assyria for six decades, has passed away. With great Ceremony, the leader was buried in the northern hills of Nineveh. Never in the history of the mighty Assyrian empire had such an event taken place. Dignitaries from Persian and the Hatte empires attended the week long rites, unfortunately the Babylonian ruler was incommunicado.
    Before he passed away, Adamu had concluded two deals with the respective empires that involved technological exchanges, lots of gold and other secret stuff. On the deathmask of Adamu, a big smile was carved.

The Assyrian empire falls into chaos without the presence of Adamu the Great. Things look pretty black for the Assyrians. Taxes are no longer collected, the wise men have returned to their own secluded cells and no progress in any field is made. And thus citizens spend their money on luxeries. Surely a situation that cannot last.

After the mourning period of a full year had passed, the scouts spread again in all directions the wind took them. No less then six huts were finally entered. One tribe, settled on the shores of a vast lake, decided to join the Assyrian empire. Three tribes shared knowledge, one other gave gold, and the last tribe dispatched a group of mercenaries to join the ranks of the skirmishers.

The Assyrian empire once again is expanding…
    Attached Files
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• It appears the Assyrians have more huts within a stone's throw than the Greeks and Minoans have in their entire territories.

Comment

• Germanos: I was opening up the game, and noticed that the name of the Assyrian ruler has disappeared (in the opening screen that shows all 7 civs and tells you how many cities and units they have). Was that something you did intentionally? Before I play my turn, you might want to take another look at your save file and make sure nothing's amiss.
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I'm going on a snowboard vacation from friday 'till sunday next week.
          Until then, the AI can take over my turns here.
          Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
            Germanos: I was opening up the game, and noticed that the name of the Assyrian ruler has disappeared (in the opening screen that shows all 7 civs and tells you how many cities and units they have). Was that something you did intentionally? Before I play my turn, you might want to take another look at your save file and make sure nothing's amiss.
            Nothing wrong with the that, Adamu has passed away, and currently anarchy reigns in Assyria. Most likely order will be restored next turn.
            Things wouldn't be the same as they were at the Assyrian court though
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• The vastness of the dessicated Eastern and Western deserts is deeply depressing to the Nile-born Son's of Egypt. From time to time they find poor nomad villages eking out an existence in the barren lands - often a source of bandits or mercenary recruits - but there is little else to speak of. Only the rumor of rich cities and verdant lands drives them onward.
              Attached Files
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• A voluntary "revolution" will leviate the Great King to a higher state of being.
                Follow the masses!
                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• D'oh!

Until then, however, he has much to learn.
                  Attached Files
                  Follow the masses!
                  30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• People move really slow in the ancient age.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Come on, I took my turn. Will someone else go, please?

Comment

• I had overlooked this one:
                        Originally posted by yop73
                        I'm going on a snowboard vacation from friday 'till sunday next week.
                        Until then, the AI can take over my turns here.
                        I 'll post my turn promptly.
                        "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                        -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                        "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                        "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• There you are.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Now 300 years old, our Immortal Sovereign, Mursillis (or Mursili) enters an occult trance and is hidden from the people. A council of nobles and high priests assumes administrative duties. More advances are learned from the hut dwellers of Anatolia... regretfully there mustn't be many of those left, we will have to look elsewhere soon.

Our trusted friends are advised to set their attitude to worshipfull, since their last delegate was impolite and accepted nothing but money. We 'll let you do his "headclipping" for us, thank you

In the picture, Mursillis is embraced by the gods.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• The drums of war start bumping. -"Bump!"

Comment

• Sorry about that

heres the turn/
                                Attached Files
                                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                                X