No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Discovered a small advanced tribe in south-west turkey. The town now waves the Minoan flag.
    *Some Greek troops were spotted in the north of Hellas. We will land some troops there next turn, so contact can be established.
    Attached Files
    Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• While advancing through the Mittani lands, a unit of hittite swordsmen was ambushed by Mittani skirmishers! They entrenched themselves and await the outcome... one thing is certain, blood shall be spilt, be it theirs or ours.

Even more barbarians offered us knowledge, to share in the glory that is Hatti!

Having heard of a strange race of people that came out of the sea, Hittite cavalry rush to meet them. Some say they are clad in scales, like fish (let's hope they don't stink like fish too)!
      Attached Files
      "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
      -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
      "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
      "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• wasn't able to get the civdip2.0 working.

assryia, change your setting s to worship. with both as worpship, we should be able to trade, offer techs.

nothing happend this turn

peace out

civfan
        Attached Files
        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• We'll see who stinks like fish when you see the mighty Minoan army.
          Anyway, you haven't replied to my mail yet. Is the arrangement OK for you?
          Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• The Lord is dead, long live the Lord !

The Assyrian ruler Tudiya has passed away, his grandson Adamu has been chosen to take his place as head of the Family, and head of Assyria.

The evil village on the Northwestern plains has finally been subdued, and its inhabitants taken to Nineveh as slaves. A new city will be founded in the vicinity in a decade or so. The road northwards now lies open to Assyrian scouts.

Northern tribesman gave us the knowledge of the Wheel.

A new Village was discovered in the west.

to Persia
            Why are your troops moving towards Tikrit? There is nothing to be had there…

to Civfan
            Assyrian attitude towards Babylonia has been ethousiastic ever since we met. Your attitude to Assyria is shown as uncooperative.
            The AI/game-engine is known to mess around with these settings, and there is not much that can be done about it. We both might set it to worshipfull every turn, but still we will receive uncooperative or worse ambassadors .
            Please try to get CivDip working, it basically is the only way around it, short of meeting online and do a MP swap of techs. We could also that, but time-zones usually make these things difficult. (i'm in GMT+1).
            I've made another file for CivDip, so if you get it running, let me know and I will post it here.

Game on.
            Attached Files
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Bounded now by Nubia to the South, the growing Memphis Nome casts it's gaze West toward Libya and East into Canaan.....
              Attached Files
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Time Limits

At the beginning of this PBEM, we discussed - and allegedly even imposed - a time limit on turns. This was never enforced, which was probably just as well since 24 hours is not really practical in a game involving players from different continents. Still, there have been a few occasions where significant periods of time elapsed with no explanation and no movement. Several players have expressed frustration over this, so I'd like to reopen the issue and get everyone to "vote" on the following propositions:

1) First of all, do you think there should be ANY time limit? If a majority say yes, then here's what I consider a reasonable plan:

2) Players will strive to complete their turn within 48 hours. If there's something that prevents this, just post a notice so everyone knows you'll be delayed. However, after 72 hours if there has been neither play nor notification, the player automatically loses their turn and the clock starts ticking on the next guy. This needs to be mandatory because given a choice - the next person in line will not want to be the "bad guy" and thus will let even more time go by. And that means time limits will remain elastic and unenforceable.

To recap - if a majority agree that time limits are necessay, you can then vote yea or nay on Prop #2. (Although please feel free to offer changes or modifications.)

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I'm in favor of the proposed plan.

A bump after 48 hours wouldn't hurt either...
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I agree w/Kull. A 48-hour limit is fine with me (I will practice more discipline from now on). I will post my game tomorrow when I come home from school.

To Assyria:
                    We are sorry for the violation of the borders. The Persian troops will withdraw immediately.

To Babylon:
                    I sent you a PM with negotiation proposals after contact was established. Why didn't you reply yet?
                    Follow the masses!
                    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Fine for me, the time-limit.

Comment

• Yes, definitely agree with a time limit and an automatic loss of turn after 48 hours (unless stated otherwise).

Comment

• Here we go
                          Attached Files
                          Follow the masses!
                          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Moving around
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Bump (Thread disappeared)

Would also like "time limit plan" feedback from tanelorn and CivFan.....

Comment

• sure
                                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                                X