Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve Clark
    Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Methinks the civilizations to be concerned about are the big ones in the South and the East, esp. those with a dozen or so units???

Well, get your own units then You could have gotten your own dozen by now.

BOOO at you sissies
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos

Well, get your own units then You could have gotten your own dozen by now.

BOOO at you sissies
      Unlike some other civs, some of us are not "blessed" with wide open flatlands where you can pop huts every other turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Clark

Unlike some other civs, some of us are not "blessed" with wide open flatlands where you can pop huts every other turn.
        Well, I know nothing about what your surroundings look like. Too bad for you .
        And "blessed" is put very rightly: I can get raided easily, the bloody Barbs travel fast over flatlands, so don't whine. And don't forget that being in the middle of things has two sides of a coin as well...

There must be something good in it for the Greeks
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Here we go.
          Attached Files
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Zeus is still besides himself with laughter.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Exploring continued.
              Attached Files
              Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• Hittite Turn

Nothing much happened. Ah, to be true to the Hittite legacy, our legal system has been reformed. People will no longer be decapitated for ,say, sneezing. As is the case in some other empires...
                Attached Files
                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Nothing much happened. Ah, to be true to the Hittite legacy, our legal system has been reformed. People will no
                  longer be decapitated for ,say, sneezing. As is the case in some other empires...

Are you questioning the glorious Persian law?
                  Follow the masses!

Comment

• No, it is a historical fact that the Hittites instituted a legal system that was far more lenient/fair than the ones used previously. Hammurabi's code of laws (the first one recorded, ever) was infamous for imposing capital punishment for nearly everything.They also were noted for their religious tolerance. I felt that my previous posts portrayed the stereotype of the oriental monarch, which contradicted this aspect of Hittite culture.
                    It has nothing to do with the current game, no offence intended towards Babylon.
                    Cyrus Achaemenid Persia itself set an international precedent of respecting (comparatively) POW's. Previously, POW were executed or sold as slaves.
                    An event that turned captured units into slaves would be useful in this scenario, don't you think?
                    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Well, I have read an explanation for the very "liberal" use of the capital punishment in Hammurabi's Babylon: there were no prisons.
                      Follow the masses!

Comment

• BUMP

Civfan !

Comment

• not much. Lost some soldiers trying to take a village.
                          Attached Files
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• * some gold found under the doorstep of a otherwise empty hut.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• There's no place like Nome....
                              Attached Files
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Persian scouts have met a Babylonian contingent at the shores of the Tigris river. The Great King hopes that fruitful diplomatic relations will follow...
                                Follow the masses!

Comment

Working...
                                X