New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do that!
    Meanwhile, the city of Kussara joined our glorious empire, and another slave caravan arrived in our capital. Let the belly-dancing begin!
    Attached Files
    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• i'm rebuilding my network here at home and had to remove much of my system including civ2 and civ3. It will be awhile before everything is back together and so i ask just to skip this turn. So whos after Babylon your now up. Since its real early in the game the AI can't do much trouble in one turn.

Laters

Civfan.
      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• The Assyrian Empire continues its exploration:

2 huts found.

2 other huts entered: in one we found smiths who were very skilled in the art of Sickle Blade, the other contained barbarian Horsemen who might threaten Nimit Ishtar in the near future. The city is well defended though.

Our dug in Skirmishers along the northern river banks survived the attack by the barbs almost without a scratch. After some scouting, they returned on their path, and have now taken up positions near a Village.

Three scouts have entered a vast western desert. Big sand-dunes form some sort of barrier here. They will attempt to bypass it.
        Attached Files
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• And Lo, the epidemic continued to spread throughout the Memphis Nome, and the scribes were disheartened, and their wives increasingly peevish, and there was much weeping and lamenting and throughout the land could be heard the sounds of coughing and hacking....
          Attached Files
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• The Great King is sleepy.
            Attached Files
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• A settler graciously gave up his life to double the population of Argos, which also proceeded to improve its defenses. Two more barbarian villages in sight, but the Skirmishers are still too weak to attack just yet. One of the Horsemen are getting close to the lands of the fabled East.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nothing happened.
                No further discoveries. (except for 1 hut )
                Attached Files
                Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• I'll post my turn once I get home from work, ok?

Comment

• Hittite Turn

Two barbarian vilages enslaved this turn: Another band of sickle sword wielding warriors joined our ranks and most importantly, we were taught the wonders of domestication. Instead of hunting for wild goats, we can now breed them. A special long wool breed near Ancara has attracted our attention...
                    Some of our sages protested that they were close to finishing their own research on the same subject and claimed credit for themselves... (actually the beakers were lost). The King accused them of missmanagement of royal funds and ordered their decapitation
                    Our elite young noble cavalry are licking their wounds after the last battle... lots of scars to brag about when they get home.

They send word of approaching invaders from the West. Beware foul barbarians, the people of the East & their mighty allies will defend their lands!
                    We have goods, ideas and bone crushing copper to exchange.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• not much to report
                      Attached Files
                      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Assyrian turn

Assyrian forces suffered a humiliating defeat at Ath'm Maksur. Two Skirmisher groups from Khorasabad were slaughtered when they tried to take the Village. One of them had earlier antered a Hut, and found some scribesmen there, that used specific letters to compose words. By doing so, they had freed themselfes of the restrictions of using pictographs to convey messages, and they claimed this was very efficient. They told the skirmishers they were sons of Ugarit. This knowledge clearly didn't benefit the Skirmishers in their battle. It is still undecided wether to decapitate the scribesmen and find the evil King Ugarit and its palace, or to encorporate their writing skill in the Assyrian Empire.

Another Skirmisher-scout entered a hut in the East, and found some Gold that was used to fund the replacement of the lost units at Ath'm Maksur.

Some mines where completed near Ashur, that will benefit the financial and scientific output of the city.

Nineveh was expected to grow, but it seems it will take another decade to do so. Mining in the Hills near Nineveh will soon bear fruit similar to that of Ashur. Improvements in both cities are being constructed that will make better use of these mines.

The Western desert is slowly being explored.
                        Attached Files
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• With it's fury spent at last, the epidemic passed forth from Egypt, and there was great rejoicing throughout the land!
                          Attached Files
                          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• talenorn, could you please post your e-mail, so I can send the mail to you?
                            Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Methinks the civilizations to be concerned about are the big ones in the South and the East, esp. those with a dozen or so units???

Comment

• We're just going to discuss a border.

Why don't you also send me a PM about this subject, so we can discuss it?

Comment

Working...
                                X