• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm...The file I posted says:
    Babylonians: 2 cities, 4 units.

Is that what it should be?
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• After monumental attempts to repost the save, I finally got it in there.

I replayed it and reposted it, the last one was just LABLED wrong, as I just copied over the last save.

Apolyton is horrible the last few days, it's almost impossible to post.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• hm
        Attached Files
        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• @ Chris.
          It has certainly been a painfull business posting these last days.

On Topic:

Sargon's policy of rapid expansion is starting to pay of.
          The city of Khorsabad was founded by Slaves, and some scrolls with pictographs on it were discovered nearby.
          In the woods east of Calah, intrepid skirmishers found more scrolls, this time a primitive alphabet was deciphered.

The hut-fest is nowhere near an end: three more huts are just waiting to be entered. But maybe we should enslave some barbs first . Cant do both...
          Attached Files
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Memphis: Two Summers Later

If you had left Memphis two summers ago, had received no news from home, and returned suddenly and without warning - the changes would leave you gasping for breath. As the homesick traveler approaches from the North, he would first be startled to discover the existence of actual roads! No longer simple tracks the new roads are wide enough for 10 men to walk abreast, and so smooth that a blind man can journey along without fear of stumbling. The handiwork of large crews of laborers, these roads are a thing new to Egypt. Although short in distance, they already lead southwest along the Nile to Memphis, and from there cross to the West Bank and point South. Clearly the movement of men and animals will be greatly aided by these structures, and even the most wooden-headed can foresee the day when they knit Egypt together as sinews bind bone.

As for the town itself....well! No longer a sleepy market village, Memphis has tripled in size and stands on the cusp of transformation from town to city. A strong wall surrounds it, a palace - small but unmistakeable - dominates the city center, homes are larger (some even with courtyards and a second floor!), and there are uniformed men-at-arms drilling on the extensive palace grounds. Most visible of all is the tenor and tone of the inhabitants - they are hard working and confident, with big dreams of grand things to come. And if you ask them "Why? How? What drives this transformation?", one and all will point to their leader, the Nomarch Ra-a-Memfes (The God Ra comes to Memphis). "He came from the desert in our time of Questioning - truly a Gift from the Gods - and brought with him a plan for Greatness. He does not share the details of this vision - of that we can but guess - yet only a fool would doubt one who has taken us so far so quickly."

The changes are remarkable but as he gazes at the tumult around him, the returning villager would surely hark back to a simpler time - now lost forever to the world - when men were happy with smaller dreams....of wife, children, a good harvest, and quiet evenings with fast friends and strong millet beer.
            Attached Files
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Plains of Persia: Many Deeds and Great

For Persia, this is one of the Great Years. To the West, foot soldiers of the King incur many casualties but subdue a town that had long spurned the overtures of Persia. In the East, Cyaxares leads his horsemen into a forest camp, and there uses gold and a silver tongue to bind a band of Swordsmen to the Persian cause. Eager for booty, the new recruits alert Cyaxares to the neighboring presence of a large town. With a practiced eye the Persian Noble surveys the town's defenses for weak points and then leads his swordsmen in a sudden assault. Conquest is swift and many slaves are captured and sent back to the capital as a gift to the grateful King. There they are grouped with men from the Western Conquest and together build a road in the hills south of Ecbatana - in the future this will greatly speed the deployment of slaves and settlers as they depart in service to the crown. The skirmishers formerly led by Cyaxares - now under the command of his son Astyages - turn their faces South and journey among the great heights of the Zagros Mountains.

And in the North, great news indeed: The city of Rhagae is founded on the Banks of the River Qezel Owzan where it bends north to bisect a towering range of mountains. Control of this river valley, gateway to the Great Bitter Sea and it's girdle of fertile coastland, is crucial to any who would exploit the riches of the North. Meanwhile near the valley's northern terminus, another band of settlers prepares to found a Persian city on the shores of the Sea.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Kull; October 24, 2002, 23:10.
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Tomorrow, I promise, to tell of 30 years of Grecian heroics.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Phaistos built. Brave Minoan civilians construct a boat and sail to the unknown ...
                  What will the future bring?
                  Attached Files
                  Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• Originally posted by yop73
                    Phaistos built. Brave Minoan civilians construct a boat and sail to the unknown ...
                    What will the future bring?
                    There are rich lands to the south and east of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Clark
                      There are rich lands to the south and east of you.
                      In other words: nothing to be had up North.

Comment

• Nothing of threat to anyone, I can assure you. Here's the story...

A band of wandering Skirmishers, just out from the royal town of Mycanae, spied a small camp on the slopes of the nearby hills. The tribal chief of the camp, told the leader that they are raising horses to sell but upon seeing an armed mob, the chief resigned to just giving the horses to the King. The Horsemen, now under authority of the King, proceeded to stumble upon another nearby camp, but instead of ranchers, they found a family of leathersmiths that was honored to have been offered to join the King’s service as teachers. This new knowledge started the tradition of Spearmen, equipped with leather armor. Meanwhile, the Skirmishers knew of a rebel village on the rich peninsula bordering the Ionian Sea. After a long, bloody battle, the Skirmishers were able to subdue the rebels, taking with them gold and a group of slaves. The final camp in the vicinity of Mycanae turned out to be another industrious family, only this time they specialized in making quality pottery. They too were brought into the service of the King. With the rebel village subdued, this paved the way for the founding of a glorious new town, Argos. Immediately, a group of workers were assigned to tend the sheep near an olive grove, which will provide extraordinary benefit to the new town. On the other side of Mycanae, the enslaved rebels had become full citizens and were authorized to settle on the Attican peninsula. What they found crossing into Attica was a large olive grove to which they can tend sheep as well. Upon this site, Sparta was founded to complete the triad.

Comment

• Well, some enslaved prisoners told us stories about other huge barbarian cities in the north. But the people, who are now on the boat, just want to start a city. Nothing to worry about.
                          Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• We are in pop-up hell, the damn things keep crashing my browser.

Damn that Mark and his stupid ideas!
                            Attached Files
                            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• another city founded
                              Attached Files
                              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Assyrians find unimaginable wealth in 3 huts.

The recovered Charioteers prooved to have much more endurance then expected, and were able to slay the Warriors in the Village without difficulty. More Slaves and more Gold was added to the glory of Sargon.

In the Capital people have started to ponder what use could be found for this strange metal that has been named Copper. Some elders say that uncovering the secrets of this metal will mark a new Age in the Assyrian way of live. This has devided the citizens in the city in two camps: those who can't wait for this new age to begin, and the somewhat less populous group that prefers things will remain as they are.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X