Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Clark
    I'll take my turn tonight.

I have a problem. Something came up and I'm going to have to get on a plane to Florida Thursday morning. I won't be back to Colorado until Tuesday (family business emergency). I really hate for the AI to take over my turns this early in the game so I'm wondering if perhaps Kull can play my turns for me, with instructions from me?
    No problem. Let me know when to take over, and email instructions & password (if necessary) to paul_cullivan@raytheon.com (I'm away from the home email until 10/18). Hope the trip works out (although sentences containing the words "family" and "emergency" are rarely a good thing)
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Thanks Paul, I sent you a detailed email.

Talk to you guys when I get back on Tuesday night (if all goes well).
      Attached Files

Comment

All the best for you and your family Steve
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Game on
          Attached Files
          Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

All the best for you and your family Steve

Ditto
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

yahooooo
              Attached Files
              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

, just realized its my turn after Cibfan now.

Assyria expansion inspired some mercinaries to join us. They have a powerfull and fast Chariot. Their first deed was to bring another Town under Assyrian control, complete with loot and slaves.

Calah founded.
                Attached Files
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Nile Valley: The Lion Hunter

It is the dawn of recorded history, and throughout the world great changes are afoot. But along the banks of a great river, utterly oblivious to "world events", living moment-to-moment and aware only of the information brought in by his senses, a young hunter spots the spoor of a great lion, and - heart quickening - follows the trail as it leads beyond the river valley and into the Western Desert.

Two suns pass, ten, hundreds and more, and all evidence of their passage has disappeared from that spot. The unchanging cycle continues at that place, until one day something unusual occurs. At the edge of that river - the eternal Nile - two buzzards tear at the dessicated flesh of some unlucky animal. But their feast, such as it is, ends suddenly as they sense danger and ponderously launch into the air, seeking refuge in the sky. And at that moment, down from the hills, around a bend in the trail, strides forth a man of grim visage. Is he old? Young? It's impossible to say. And to the buzzards circling overhead, only this much is certain: The man walks with purpose, his eyes are fixed on the horizon to the north, and he wears a cloak of lion-skin.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Kull; October 17, 2002, 12:26.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

At the earliest remembered instant of human conciousness, two tribes of nomads migrated from a large and powerful city known as Hagmatana to the north.
                    The winds of the mountains were blowing cold into their faces, and the sky was dark, but yet, the brave men and women did not obey the laws of nature they cherished so much earlier. "We are powerful now!" shouts a leader, and the call wanders through the masses.
                    By midnight one day, all are assembled around a campfire, and one suddenly begins to hum a melody later forgotten and not rediscovered five millenia later; the brave nomads will be humming this melody for all the years to come until they establish a settlement at the slopes of a sleeping volcano, later to be known as Mt. Demavend; now worshipped as The One Mountain whose slope is connected to the roots of the world, and whose peak is the seat of the Wise Lord, the one Ahura Mazda, and the settlers do not doubt that this is the unique Stairway To Heaven... but that lies so far in the future...
                    Attached Files
                    Follow the masses!

Comment

• Agamemnon Victorious!

I, the powerful King Agamemnon am pleased to announce the conquest of the fortified town of Sparta. The Mycenean Skirmishers displayed extreme bravery, battling successfully to the last drop of red blood (Cavalry support was available, but the infantry refused to accept it!) Soon a new Sparta will arise from the ashes of the old.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Nothing going on in the Minoan empire, we did however conquer a town in the past turn.
                        King Minos has then enslaved the survivors. Those slaves told stories about another great barbarian town on the other side of the Island of Crete.
                        King Minos has send some soldiers.
                        Attached Files
                        Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• I am back guys, all went very well, thank you.

And thank you Paul for taking two turns in my absence. The conquest of the Spartan village will clear the way for Grecian expansion on the mythological peninsulas of Zeus. Truly Ares found favor in the noble Mycanaen Skirmishers!

Comment

• 72 hours have passed

Sorry Civfan: Assyria moved.

Assyrians continue their exploration of the world.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Memphis: Dark Traveler's Tales

In tiny mud-brick huts on the banks of the river Nile, a small group of people have come together and formed the little village of Memphis. For thousands of years people such as this have lived in harmony with the land, their agrarian lives governed by the clockwork precision of the annual rise and fall of the life-giving river. But over the past few seasons an air of doubt, even a gnawing undertone of fear, has begun to permeate the minds of the villagers. Traders come, as they always have, but now they bring bring more than just their wares. Whether boisterous or sly, these men can always be counted upon to brag of the quality of their cloth, the perfection of their pottery, the sweet deliciousness of their fruits, and always they have stories of the strange outside world. But now there are darker tales - those told when business is done and men lounge about a campfire in the hushed quiet of the night.

On one late autumn evening, after a large number of tongue-loosening millet beers, an earthenware peddlar from the Delta shared a troubling story. "About twenty suns ago, a band of thugs from the Libyan desert took over a small village just south of here. They killed the headman, took some of the girls and now demand regular support from the farmers. It's a shocking thing, men who won't work and live off the backs of others!" Many of the Memphis villagers gazed at one another, shaking their heads in dismay. A village elder soon gave voice to the unspoken thoughts of all. "What is the world coming to?" he wondered, "What kind of men would attack simple farmers, who seek only to care for their families and live in peace with their neighbors?" The resulting silence was finally broken by a deep voice, brandishing a thick Babylonian accent and a slight alcohol-induced slur. "That's bad enough, but there's worse to come". The barrel chested merchant with the long heavy beard was an oddity in these parts - foreigners being few and far between in the Nile region. "I've seen similar things in other towns, particularly in the far northeastern land of Canaan. Many of the villages there built walls and trained their men to fight with spears. And that'll deal with these roving bands of criminals, I assure you!" He laughed then, loudly, with the deep satisfying sound of one who's been an eyewitness to evil getting it's just deserts. But his next words were stunning.

"There is something else you need to know. In both my homeland of Babylonia and the nation of Assyria to the north, far greater changes are taking place. Towns themselves are warring - one against another. If that wasn't bad enough, the most violent and powerful headmen are calling themselves "kings" and assuming rule over the defeated towns! These kings gather men from all their subject lands and group them together as an "army" - a group of warriors far larger than anything a single town or city can oppose!" The Babylonian paused for a great quaff of the local Brew, and - perhaps thinking that it's not a good idea to scare the customers - changed the subject. "So, how's the harvest look this year?", he asked the nearest elder. They spoke quietly of grain yields, storage jars, and rodent pests, but the remaining villagers and merchants had been stunned into silence. Most had never seen a man killed in anger, and suddenly - unlooked for - they had learned something terrible. That great evil was afoot in the world and that men existed who would happily snuff out human lives in numbers beyond imagining!

It is a quiet band who leave the flickering fire, returning to their simple mud dwellings, each containing all these men hold precious in the world. The stars stare down just as on other nights, but this time they look upon a community who's world has turned upside down.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The brave travellers have continued their journey.
                                Attached Files
                                Follow the masses!

Comment

Working...
                                X