No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone, 24 hour limit sounds cool. I have another proposal to speed this game up. How about we have the first person take 3 turns, second person 1 and rotate through this.
    example:

Turn : 1
    3= Hittite - Civfan
    1= Babylonian - Diegoami
    1= Assyrian - germanos
    1= Egypt - Kull
    1= Persia - Stefan
    1= Greek - Steve
    1= Minoan - Yop

Turn : 2
    1= Hittite - Civfan
    3= Babylonian - Diegoami
    1= Assyrian - germanos
    1= Egypt - Kull
    1= Persia - Stefan
    1= Greek - Steve
    1= Minoan - Yop

anyways whats everyones feedback!
    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Hmmm...
      Maybe.

I have now seen what the AI can screw up. In a simular game where the original scen wash "rushed" the first 100 turns, I playtested the scen, and did about 1000% better then the AI. Mind you, I was playing mindlessly, I just had to get some idea on the gameplay, and events in the first 100 turns...

Also, now that anybody knows the game is on, it may speed up by itself.
      It may also help if one e-mails the next in line when they are done. I guess we check our mail more often then the site.

So I suggest everybody sends a PM with their e-mial adress to the person BEFORE them.

For easy reverence: could Kull make a list of the players in playing order and put this in his first post?
      (my list is on page 2 I think, but low down)
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

germanos: Good idea! I edited the opening post to include player order and a 24 hour limit for the first 21 turns (that way it's 3 turns each).

CivFan: Your version of AI play is better than mine, but I have to agree with germanos - the AI will probably make EVERYONE unhappy! Losing an early turn or two can be overcome, but the AI can't be trusted to handle the Barbarians or place cities correctly. Hopefully the "24" limit will get people to check this thread more often so we can do even better.

All: If anyone expects an absence, please post it here in advance (for example, I'll be in a plane all day Tuesday, 10/8 - so I'm in trouble if my "24" starts Monday night!)

Let's build some Empires!!!
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

I hope I did this right, please let me know if I didn't (I took my turn, made sure 'always wait until end of turn' is set, hit ctl-N just to make - nothing happened, and then saved it).

It is the Minoans of Yop's turn
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark
            I hope I did this right, please let me know if I didn't (I took my turn, made sure 'always wait until end of turn' is set, hit ctl-N just to make - nothing happened, and then saved it).
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

A tribe of swordsmen joins the Minoan empire. A barbarian town spotted. We will storm the city next month.
              NO MORE BARBARIANS ON CRETE.

Tyrann Yop
              Attached Files
              Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

Sorry. It turns out I cannot commit myself to a PBEM. You'll have to find another player

Comment

According to the PBEM FAQ, it is best to have 3-4 players (out of 7), else it would take real-life years to complete a game (unless the Wrath gets us first). I say we let the AI take over diegoami's spot.

Comment

i'll take over as the babylons then. its no problem. let the AI handle the barbs!

ok so i'm no the babylons
                    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

heres the file. i removed password for hittites incase anyone wants to play them

uploaded again. Before played as Babylon first then hittitaties to remove password... sorry all.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Civfan; October 7, 2002, 20:05.
                      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

wrong save, it says 3480 for Assyria. AI messed up.

Please repost

Comment

turn played

Town conquered.
                          Attached Files

Comment

literally running to catch a plane.....
                            Attached Files
                            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Here we go.
                              Attached Files
                              Follow the masses!
                              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I'll take my turn tonight.

I have a problem. Something came up and I'm going to have to get on a plane to Florida Thursday morning. I won't be back to Colorado until Tuesday (family business emergency). I really hate for the AI to take over my turns this early in the game so I'm wondering if perhaps Kull can play my turns for me, with instructions from me?

Comment

Working...
                                X