ToT Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT Error Message

I am currently working on a scenario based on J.R.R Tolkein's Simarillion, and I have hit a snag. Every time I try to load the scenario file I get a "'-6' error at module '3' data: 32 0" error message. Can somebody help me please?
    "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
    "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

The error is in the rules.txt file on the 33rd line of the @advances section.

It is probably a wrong tech abreviation like 'Afl' instead of 'AFl'.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll try that.
      "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
      "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

These errors actually mean something useful! I never realised that.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
          These errors actually mean something useful! I never realised that.
          Ah that's the beauty of ToT. They have a decent debugger!
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

You call that decent? Decent would have been translation of module '3' into 'advances'...
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Yes I call that decent. Anyone with rudimentary computer skills can view the report.txt file that is generated and follow line by line the error messages to decipher the problem.

Comment

The error above comes from the rules.txt and would not be found in the report.txt file, since report.txt deals only with errors in the events.txt file.

Comment

Originally posted by William Keenan
                  The error above comes from the rules.txt and would not be found in the report.txt file, since report.txt deals only with errors in the events.txt file.
                  I stand corrected!!!

Thanks for the clarification. Then substitute rules.txt for report.txt in my above comment.

Comment

Working...
                  X