No announcement yet.

ToT Fantasy Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The riotous Human people gather at the gates of STYOM's retreat, begging for his return. Nonhumans walk our lands, they cry. STYOM tears himself away from his memoirs and returns to lead Godwyn's kingdom.

Year 1: We are comfortably ahead of the other races, our Foreign Advisor says, but the Stygians have a formidable amount of cities (18!). As well, the other races seem to hold us in contempt militarily, as they traipse across our lands without fear.

Accordingly STYOM contacts Lady Reanne of the Merfolk and exchanges our knowledge of Natural Philosophy for their knowledge of Weaponry. We offer her an alliance against the Stygians, but she declines.

Now we can begin to teach our people the advanced fighting techniques that will allow them to become Housecarls.

Housecarl started in Newcastle. Trade adjusted to 1.2.7. We demand the Buteo withdraw from our lands, and they comply. Production in Coventry switched to Bazaar.

Year 10: Buteo told to leave, again. Production in Dover switched to Housecarl; Hastings to Temple, Liverpool to Temple.

Infidels learn Wood Lore!

20: Temple in Hastings; starting Housecarl. Housecarl in Dover; starts Settler. Housecarl rushed in Newcastle. Trade switched to 2.2.8.

Elves learn King's Court!

30: Liverpool builds Temple; starts Settler. Holeinthewall builds Sorcerer; starts Settler. Sorcerer in Newcastle kills barbarian king (100 gold). Housecarl built in Newcastle; starts Settler.

40: Brighton builds Settler; starts Caravan. Howlngrowl builds Sorcerer; starts Settler.

Stygians learn Weaponry! Buteo start Stonehenge.

50: Astronomy discovered; researching Niebelungenlied, whatever that is.

60: Coventry builds Bazaar; starts Stonehenge. Housecarl in Hastings; starts Settler. Oldgrange changes from Excalibur to Sage's Library.

70: Sage's Library in Oldgrange; starts Temple. Liverpool builds Settler; starts Caravan; Docks sold in Liverpool (60 gold).

90: Temple rushed in Oldgrange.

100: Oldgrange builds Temple; starts Settler. Library rushed in Canterbury.

110: We are granted a H Hero in Oldgrange. Now what?

Stygians are almost finished Excalibur!

120: Niebelungenlied discovered; researching Druid Lore. Hastings builds Settler; starts Caravan. Roilnboil builds Settler, starts Skald.

Stygians build Excalibur. Buteor switch to Merlin's Oracle.

130: Holeinthewall builds Settler, starts Skald, disbands Goblin.

140: HowlnGrowl builds Settler; starts Temple.

150: Oldgrange builds Pelts Caravan; starts Caravan. Brighton builds Copper Caravan; starts Caravan. Liverpool builds Pelts Caravan; starts Sorcerer.

180: Druid Lore discovered; researching Bridge Building. Nottingham switches production to Altar of Enlightenment. Newbridge builds Wizard's Tower, starts Skald.

190: Canterbury builds Settler; starts Docks.

200: Hastings builds Silks Carvan; starts Aqueduct. Oldgrange builds Hides Caravan; starts Housecarl. Nottingham rushes Altar of Enlightenment.

Infidels are almost finished Merlin's Oracle!

210: Nottingham builds Altar of Enlightenment; celebrates! Aqueduct started. Newbridge builds Skald; starts Bazaar. Trade adjusted to 2.2.6. 2 caravans added to Stonehenge production in Coventry.

Elves revolt. Infidels build Merlin's Oracle.

220: Newcastle celebrates. Coventry celebrates. Rolinboil builds Skald; starts Housecarl. Liverpool builds Sorcerer; starts Caravan.

Elves proclaim a Monarchy.

230: Dover builds Settler; starts Temple. Housecarl in Oldgrange; starts Caravan.

240: Bridge Building discovered; researching Trading League. Brighton builds Silver Caravan; starts Docks.

250: Brighton-Coventry Copper trade route; 56 gold. Caravan added to Stonehenge construction in Coventry and we rushbuild it.

With the threat of war hanging over the Human lands, STYOM again withdraws to his mountain retreat...

Issues: The Stygians have a lot of cities, but being underground and unable to trade, have no science. Nonetheless it might be a good idea for us to find them - their cities might not be too hard to bribe, and if we leave them long enough they'll come looking for us (thus, all the Housecarls). Our Skald is exploring underground at present, looking for the rest of the Goblins as well as the Stygians. We may be able to bribe a Buteo city, which might net us some decent exploration units. A Skald is on its way to Coventry to do just that, and Settlers near Coventry will try to keep that town growing and hopefully turn it into a SSC?

Everybody seems pretty weak but the Stygians... watch out for them; they have some decent units and a LOT of production capacity.

Sorry, just noticed I played too many turns

STYOM

edit: typing
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; March 6, 2002, 01:46.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Patashu, are you playing?

STYOM

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Well...
        I have a problem.
        For some reason, when I rename the "attachment" and give it a ".zip" extension and unzip the file to the fantasy folder, when I go start up the game, the saved game isn't there??? I tried unzipping the file again and winzip tells me that it's there, so
        Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Huh, don't know why that is, but I tried rezipping it again, here you go...

If it still doesn't work, let me know... seemed to work fine here.

STYOM
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok.
            Winzip still confirms that it's there, but it doesn't show up in-game. Um.

Comment

Just a thought.....
              I looked at the zipped file and it didn't have the *.sav extension.
              Perhaps that's the problem here.
              Does ToT support long filenames? Civ 2 didn't, afaik.
              Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

*slaps self on head, REALLY hard*
                You've done it! there is no *.sav extension! Anyway, now that you posted here, do you want to play?

Comment

Marcel - yes I think ToT accepts those longer names... at least it always has for me...

Patashu - sorry I may have forgotten an extender when I uploaded the file...

STYOM

Comment

I'm a bit low on spare time and haven't played the fantasy game before, so that might prove too time consuming (strange units and improvements and all).
                    Maybe I can take part in a future fantasy succession game
                    Txs for the offer
                    Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

OK, dumb question.

Patashu, are you needing me to re-upload, or did adding the extender solve it on your end?

Or are you just bored?

STYOM

Comment

Working...
                      X