Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is Test of Time?

thanks

The final version of Civ2. IMHO the most underrated civ game of all.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

how is it different from multiplayer gold? i've read around a bit and have a few ideas, but just want to make sure.

Comment

differences With Civ2 Gold

ToT has no map editor (but Civ2 map editor can be use)
        Civ2 MGE, FW, CiC scenarios do not works with ToT (but Civconter from Angelo Scotto can convert Civ2 scenarios to ToT)

ToT have multi-maps scenarios
        ToT have more "rules" and "event" functions and is better to create scenarios
        ToT have animated units

Comment

An the AI has been slightly improved( or more AI cheating).
          I see it on converted scen's. There is a difference in playing between the ToT an the other civ AI's.

Comment

Hello toi,
            The ToT multi-map is the main difference IMO: in scenarios, you can have different maps with units able to go from one to another or to teleport from one map to the other one. Official scenarios include an Extended Original game (when you reach AC, you begin settling there), a fantasy game and one scenario (Midgard) where there are 4 maps (air, land, sea, underground). There is also a Time scenario where you play time traveller.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by Eyn

ToT has no map editor (but Civ2 map editor can be use)
              I made a MapEditor for ToT (converted from MGE), I´ll send it over if you want, it´s only 660kB. It´s only necessary if you don´t have MGE of course (you can make larger maps with it than the pre-MGE editors).

ToT is very much like the previous versions of Civ2, except for the graphics. A lot of people don´t like the graphics, but that can be amended with a simple modpack.

As for the rest, the other have pretty much described it already: sci-fi, fantasy and extended original games, multiple maps and more advanced scenario making possibilities.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
              X