ToT Second Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT Second Succession Game

Since no other suggestions appeared in the main thread, here goes the poll.

The idea is to use it as a tool to help us decide what should
    be the next Sucession Game gameset.

So... let's begin!!!
    Extended Game - Conquer - Emperor Level
    30.00%
    Fantasy Game - Conquer - King Level
    20.00%
    Sci-Fi - Conquer - King Level
    20.00%
    Midgard - Conquer - Human - King Level
    0.00%
    Midgard - Conquer - Infidels - King Level
    30.00%
    Midgard - Events - Human - King Level
    0.00%

Thanks for setting up the poll Ecowitz. I voted Sci-Fi.
    Here's a link.

Comment

Oh man! Ecowiz, what's the problem with playing a Sci-Fi and end it by its special event?
      That's exactly what I wanted! If we go by conquest on Sci-Fi, we might kill all the aliens before acquiring the needed technology to evolve late in the game!

Sci-Fi has a unique form of victory beside the conquest and the ship (Return to Earth). As does the Midgard scenario. When I suggested playing a Sci-Fi game, I was having this in mind.

You should have added an "Other" option. Therefore, I can't vote on this poll.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

... voted Extended Original. What can I say, I'm a traditionalist

STYOM
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Atention Everybody! A new option is open for voting!

Sorry Zealot!

I was sure to have frogotten one option!!!

Let's do it this way. I will keep your proposal in mind, as an option and will count as a vote. Hope other people read the thread and if they want declare their vote to be

"I agree with Zealot! Make a Sci-fi Event Game!"

instead of voting in the poll.

I know it is unfair, because the polled options on open sight are bound to be more popular.

Let's do it like this: I'll count your vote as Sci-Fi also (if you agree, of course); then if Sci-Fi wins we talk about the possibility to play it for the Event Victory.

I tried it a few times but never made it. For some odd reason I was not able to find a particular alien unit (can't recall now the one). So I couldn't kill it and obtain the Tech. However, if I remember correctly, the events are triggered by killing particular units, so an Event Victory may be an unexpected outcome of a conquering strategy, in the Sci-Fi setting.

Wait, I remembered something: we have to exchage one particular tech with the aliens, don't we? If so, we should not be allowed to destroy all alien civs. Geez, I could I forget that!

Morals: let's see if Sci-Fi wins and then talk about it. I don't believe it will be difficult for everybody to accept keeping at least one alien civ until that particular time.

Now, remember everybody, a new option is opened! Please use the vote as I put it above, and I promise to take it into account!

Comment

Re: Atention Everybody! A new option is open for voting!

Originally posted by Ecowiz Returns
            Wait, I remembered something: we have to exchage one particular tech with the aliens, don't we? If so, we should not be allowed to destroy all alien civs. Geez, I could I forget that!

I don't believe it will be difficult for everybody to accept keeping at least one alien civ until that particular time.
            The problem is that you can't just let one Alien civ survive. Because they need each other to trade techs in order to evolve. You know, the AI needs to cheat if it wants to get anywhere...
            So we have a new challenge. To keep the aliens prosperous until we don't need them anymore.
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

If you want tough, try a quest victory in Midgard..... at least so I hear (I have never been close to making it)

I voted for extended original , but I can live with whatever is eventually chosen (except for deity game, can't get used to that level).

Comment

I haven't played anything other than the extended original yet, but as a democrat I'm game for anything that gets the vote of the majority
                Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

The way I see it, it's still an open game: no clear majority yet.

Maybe we will have to make a second round with the best voted.

Let's give it another week.

And let's not forget, every other option is a good one, and there will be lots of opportunities to play them all!

Sharpe:
                  You are right about the quest victory in Midgard. It is terrible to even try to complete all the quests! The game becomes a mix of strategy and role-playing and it is hard to pay attention to both aspects of it.

Zealot:
                  I'm beginning to see your point.
                  I look forward to play a sucession game like that, when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe
                    If you want tough, try a quest victory in Midgard..... at least so I hear (I have never been close to making it)
                    Yeah, I only managed to trigger several quests by cheating. I showed all the maps, and built the most powerful units by the enemy unit I needed to kill. But even that way I didn't find the way to end it victoriously. And since the Midgard map is huge, and since we need each player to read the events info, it will be very difficult to play a succession game that way.

But on a normal size map on Sci-Fi, I believe we can win by the events.

Comment

I replied to this thread around New Years, and I think it got lost somehow. Anyway... Ecowiz, why not start a game and invite people to join in? If you wait for a true consensus here, I'm betting you'll be waiting a long time

On the other hand, the last succession game had no lack of volunteers to play, once it was started.

I'd start my desired game (Emperor, Extended Original) and invite people to join, but I want to play a gigaworld and I haven't been able to get the no limits patch to work. So, it's off to search the forum... and download again...

STYOM
                      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                        why not start a game and invite people to join in?
                        On the other hand, the last succession game had no lack of volunteers to play, once it was started.
                        STYOM
                        I see...
                        Well just let me arrive at home, and from 11 to 13 hours from now we'll have a new succession game!

Sci-fi!

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man ... but I want to play a gigaworld and I haven't been able to get the no limits patch to work.
                          You don´t need the no-limits patch to play on a gigamap, you just need it to let Civ2 generate a random gigamap, if that´s what you´re after. Still, it would probably be best if everyone or no-one uses the patch due to problems that might otherwise arise when someone breaks a limit etc.

Anyway...

Let´s get it on!
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                          X