New hex-editing discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hex-editing discovery

I've been investigating the leader portrait in the diplomacy screen, and trying to find where there might be a flag to change them. If you're not bothered about this, read no further.

So here they are:

______address (dec)_address (hex)
    1st civ________3712________ E80
    2nd civ________5140________1414
    3rd civ________6568________19A8
    4th civ________7996________1F3C
    5th civ________9424________24D0
    6th civ_______10852________2A64
    7th civ_______12280________2FF8

Actually, that's a little misleading. This flag does not determine the leader portrait: it actually determines which civ no. is in play for this slot. You can have 7 Roman (or any other) civs in play at the same time, using the same portrait, and the same flag and city colours, which is a going a bit too far.

A more useful purpose is that it allows you to re-order the civs in play. You can have 3 civs of the same (traditional) colour, eg. the Americans, Chinese, and Persians, and each will use their own leader portraits. This is modified by the male/female flag. The colour of the flags and city names is determined in the rules..txt.
    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Could you be a bit more clear. The addresses you mention are the places in a savegame where the flags are? What do the flags look like?
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

What program do you use to hex edit?
      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

flag = indicator
        "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Mercator, is this thread worth stickying?
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Um... Yep.

It's part of the savegame structure, so having all that together would be very handy.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
            X