No announcement yet.

How to creat/edit map in Test of Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to creat/edit map in Test of Time?

How come I can't find any map editor in the program? Did they drop it?
    I'm so so so sad they dropped map editor and small movies in the TOT!!!

Yes, they did drop it. But if you have one from FW or MGE, it will work fine on ToT maps. And ToT events now support playing AVI movie files.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Yes, they did drop it. But if you have one from FW or MGE, it will work fine on ToT maps. And ToT events now support playing AVI movie files.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

i think i saw a program that converts pre-MGE civ2 maps to TOT
        Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

There´s no need for any converting program, all versions of Civ2 (including ToT) use the same map format. The only improvement for MGE and ToT is that they can handle larger maps, but that´s a difference in the programs, not the maps.

As for the Map Editor. You can download Cedric Greene´s MGE patch: http://hometown.aol.com/cedricgreene
          Nevermind the actual MGE thing itself, but it does include the MGE map editor.
          I also downloaded this patch, just to get the MGE map editor (I don´t play multiplayer, I already have both FW and ToT, and I still think Cedric Greene´s patch sucks), because this editor supports maps up to 32,767 squares, in contrast with the earlier map editors which could only handle maps up to 10,922 squares.

Alternatively, or better, additionally, you can download my MapEdit program: http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~jvermeir/ci...s/MEdit100.zip
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Jorrit, is there any way to add rivers to a sav. or scn. file?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I think so... I think there are 3 possibilities, listed from easy to hard:
              • You can open the savegame (or a savegame of the scenario) with the Civ2 mapeditor, edit the rivers in and then use MapCopy ( http://home.san.rr.com/dustyr/download/mapcopy.zip ) to paste the map back in. I´m not sure if all map properties will remain the same.
              • Or you do it the "Harlan Thompson" way, hmm, how was that again, set the transforming time to 0 and use several engineers...
                Ah, here´s a thread about it: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...scenario+river
                The master himself explains it in the last post.
              • Hexedit the particular squares, or, in congruence with the first option, edit the map then paste it in by hand. This way you can make sure none of the other properties (e.g. tile improvements, ownership, fertility) are changed, although MapCopy may take care of this already.

If anyone knows any other possibilities, feel free to add them.
              But I think this just about covers your question, Brian.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Cool. Thanks.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Now I think of it... I´m not entirely sure if MapCopy works with ToT.

Comment

Works like a charm! Thanks.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                    X