bug with city names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug with city names?

Remember how in the original civ2, when you are in the game and you go to file, then quit, it asks you if you are sure and then it quits the game? i always thought that was stupid, what if you wanted to go back to the main menu? besides you can always exit the game from there. well, TOT seemed to fix this, as it actually puts you back to the main menu when you select quit. however, once you start a new game, the list of city names you will be using doesn't reset! every time i play and i quit and then i pick the same civ, it starts using names where i left off last time even though it's an entirely new game! ugh! how annoying!
    and yes i'm using v1.1
    Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

i get this, and if you lpay on a preset map, the starting locations will be random to.
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

i'm not sure about this but i think this even happens to other civs that were in the previous game. god, they fixed so many things with TOT, yet made so many obvious mistakes too (i'd say the graphics easily takes the top spot on that list). grrr
      Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

That problem already was in the original Civ2 as well ( or at least in FW, probably whenever they first let you go back to the main menu when quiting). There are more similar problems too. I think they just don´t unload the previous game from memory.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I've asked about this before, ages ago, and there seems to be no other way than exiting the program. Cam replied:

"As far as I'm aware there's a little 'hang-over' from old games that kicks in at times and messes with the city names offered. In order to overcome this, just restart Test of Time from scratch when commencing a new game (i.e. exit the program then re-start). This also happened with 'traditional' Civ2. Should you wish to change the city names in a game you already have going, go to 'View' > 'City Layout' to toggle the city view between the old and new layouts of the city screens, then select your city and 'Rename' given that you're looking at the old / traditional city information screen layout. The 'rename' option is not available in ToT's new city information screen layout."

Comment

Working...
          X