No announcement yet.

Succession Game Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good thinking. i think somewhere along the line someone placed it in the wrong directory, played it, saved it and passed it on. the civ2 tot book specifically says not to do this or else it will mess things up. as long as we are using test of time, we need to make it clear at the start of the game what the game type is. i dont see why extended original shouldnt work, in fact since we are using test of time, why not go with extended? but that means EVERYONE has to put the save file into their extendedoriginal folder when it is their time to play. i myself haven't been a part of this succession game, i'm new to the board and i just thought i would share my thoughts. i am interested in joining up because it sounds good
    Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

I thought it was intended to be an Original game, too, but I got it from JoeK also zipped from the Extended Original folder, so I figured I´d put it in there too...
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Nooooo... did I do something wrong?

I don't think I was even thinking about which folder I played it so fast.

Did I just mess everything up?

Joe.

Comment

Bad!

Bad JoeK!

No soup for you!

OK! I guess it is time to start over. I'm considering the following changes to the start. From Original to Extended Original (Because we can) and from Diety to King level.

Please let me know what you think or if you want to see other changes.
          Here's a link.

Comment

Sounds good to me, MBloomIII
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Good catch, dex. I remember the manual saying that. OK. Now we know, we can avoid this problem in future games. I hated being the bearer of bad news, but then, I guess it's good this happened before we'd gone too far into the game.

(Dang... I was just about to finish Colossus, too. )

So far as new settings go, I'm fine with Extended Original (so long as we all have v1.1!) and any of King/Emperor/Deity are OK. I can stomp the AI pretty good on King, so maybe Emperor would be a good compromise between those of us who normally play on Deity and lesser mortals like myself...

STYOM
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Maybe I should be put near the bottom of the list so I don't mess things up again.

Joe.

Comment

Now don´t be too hard on yourself JoeK. We´ll live.

STYOM: I prefer the King level, playing at Prince myself. Besides, the lower level players´screw-ups might make the game a bit more challenging for the veterans .

Comment

No sweat, JoeK. Like I said, it happened early, and now we know what we can and can't do with the zipped/uploaded .sav files. Besides, there's always snags in succession games, from what I've read here. Comes with the territory.

I'm completely flexible on difficulty. I can compete on Emperor, but I'd be dead weight in a conventional Deity game. I thought Emperor might be a good compromise to keep the Deity players interested. However, since it doesn't look like there are too many of those in our group, King should present a fair challenge for everyone (Once every 5 or 6 games, I get my clock cleaned on King ). Regardless, MBloomIII gets to make the call since he starts the game, so I propose we get rolling again ASAP!

STYOM
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Come on guys , test your skills and play it on Deity level .
                      Just start the game again and hurry up to my turn thanks.
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I'll vote for emperor, but I'm quite willing to play whatever comes my way. Once the spanish have stopped sailing on men carrying flags that is......
                        "Spelling....... I thought that only Mages did that."

Comment

count me in for this one. as for the game difficulty, i think we should be a bit conservative here, seeing how we have somewhat of a wide array of different players. i know some of you stick to diety, but our success will be a measure of how good we ALL are, and i can barely hang on king level. we definitally should have 7 players total though (including alien of course). what about barbarians?
                          Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

For those of you who haven't played both Deity and Emporer, the only real difference between the two is that in Deity you always get 2 Settlers, in Emporer, sometimes you get 2. So Emporer can be harder than Deity if you don't get the extra Settler. I'll be starting the game this evening, so look for the start-up and posted file.

JoeK, no sweat. We'll keep the order the same and add players that wish to join.
                            Here's a link.

Comment

Working...
                            X