No announcement yet.

Succession Game Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome makka and Hydey. The more the merrier.

Will hopefully get game up and running tonight. The stars do not appear properly aligned for this to happen yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Here's a link.

Comment

We await the founding of a glorious empire! (which we then get to muck up....)
      "Spelling....... I thought that only Mages did that."

Comment

Originally posted by makka
        We await the founding of a glorious empire! (which we then get to muck up....)
        That's part of the fun of sucession games.

Are we going for conquest? or AC?

If we're going to AC, shall we play Extended Original?

And do both.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

We have run into a small problem.

I've played the first 20 turns but the file is too large to attach and I don't have a Zip utility here at home. The file is 161 KB and the largest size allowed for posting is 150 KB. I can e-mail what I have to the next person or e-mail it to someone with a Zip feature and they can attach it. Let me know how you guys want to proceed. In the meantime I'm going to post in the Apolyton Community forum and seek a remedy.
          Here's a link.

Comment

You can just email it to me (joek@joek.com), I don't mind... but what about the next person after me? (I've got Zip... speaking of which, you can get a free zip demo at http://www.winzip.com/)

Question: When do we stop the 20 turns? Do we leave one unit with no orders at the end of the 20th turn? Or do we stop playing at the beginning of the 20th turn (skipping past all those city production complete messages)?

Joe.

Comment

OK. I've sent the file to JoeK and will be starting a new thread for the commentary on this game. We'll do 20 turns until around 1750AD or maybe after everyone has played twice.

I've used up my WinZip demos downloading scenerios. Too cheap to actually pay for it.
              Here's a link.

Comment

I'm done... next. (see Commentary thread for zip file).

Joe.

Comment

I´ve just downloaded the file. You´ll probably see my results tomorrow "morning".
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I was a little quicker than I thought... Next (again, ZIP in the Commentary thread).
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Can I play?

Can I play?Please?Just add me to the list.I'm pretty good,I play at King/Diety level normally.
                      "Battle is a combination of all your skills,therefore,to be excellent at battle is to be excellent at life"-Me

Comment

I'll add you to the list. Seems to be a strong contingent of Floridians joining this game. Check the "Commentary" thread for the master list.
                        Here's a link.

Comment

OK, got the file... seems to be OK and I should get my turns played tomorrow night!

STYOM
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

We have a problem

A (hopefully little) problem has materialized. And no, it's not just my Deity playing skills.

About 3 turns into my shift as leader, the Spanish landed near one of our cities. That's not the problem. The problem is, they landed out of a ship that looks like a Colonist (from the 'Extended Game') and is labeled 'Spanish Extra Ship'.

I've never seen this bug in my ToT games - I do recall the Ultrastring Theory bug, but I fixed that with the 1.1 patch. Do we all have the patch installed? Can one of you guys d/l the game, play a few turns and see if the same thing happens? I tried playing through it, but the damn things kept coming back, much like triremes, and they're too unbalancing to play through.

Sorry guys... I don't think it's my ToT, but someone better check to be sure. I'm attaching my save file from the turn it happened.

STYOM
                            Attached Files

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Yikes, I get it too. And I do have the patch installed... No idea what could cause this.

Comment

I'm bummed. I tried unzipping the file into a different folder than 'Original' (since I note the zipped file comes in zipped folders: Mps/Civ2ToT/ExtendedOriginal) but still, the same problem arises.

Mercator, was this game started as an Original, or Extended Original? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyone else have any ideas or insights into what might be going on here? MBloomIII, JoeK?

STYOM

Comment

Working...
                                X