Succession Game Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succession Game Anyone?

Since there is limited response to calls for an MP game, how about a succession game for ToT?

Probable settings are: Random Large Map, Romans (Livia), Diety, 7-Civs, Restless Tribes, 20-turns to start.

If we can get at least 4 or 5 people interested I'll start the game. Sign up by posting a response and hopefully there will be enough to get started.

Players:
    • MBloomIII
    • JoeK
    • Mercator
    Last edited by MBloomIII; July 1, 2001, 16:12.
    Here's a link.

I'd like to try a succession game... although I've never played at diety level before (I'm not that brave yet).

I don't sit in front of my computer all day playing, so I'm not constantly available... but for 20 turns a piece I'm sure I could do that.

As for telling the story of the succession game, I think I could be good at that. I started once a Diary of a Civilization that I have yet to finish.

Thanks for considering me,
    Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeK
      I'd like to try a succession game... although I've never played at diety level before (I'm not that brave yet).

I don't sit in front of my computer all day playing, so I'm not constantly available... but for 20 turns a piece I'm sure I could do that.

As for telling the story of the succession game, I think I could be good at that. I started once a Diary of a Civilization that I have yet to finish.

Thanks for considering me,
      Joe.
      With a succession you don't have to be on-line. Someone starts the game and after 20 turns attaches the save file and the next person downloads the file and plays their 20 turns, etc..

Once you're done with the turn then you post an 'account' of your time as ruler. It's pretty fun to take over a Civ and see the way others play the game.

I'll consider you as signed-up.
      Here's a link.

Comment

C'mon people... doesn't anyone else want to play?

Joe.

Comment

If you don´t mind having a screw-up among you... It´s been quite a while since I played Civ2, I only got ToT a couple days ago (for $5.20/€6.10), and only installed ToT today. Apart from that, I´m only a Prince level player.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

OK. Now we are getting somewhere. Another brave adventurer. That takes us up to 3. So far you guys have expressed trepidation at attempting a Diety level game. We certainly don't have to. We could play at King level or Prince if that is what you guys want. Nothing is set in stone yet. See if we can attract another player and we'll get this game rolling.
            Here's a link.

Comment

OK... I'll give it a shot! Add me to the list if you still need players.

Never played a succession game, and be warned, if you want to play deity, you'll probably find a _lot_ of extra cities after my turn... I can only handle (?) deity with an ICS style

STYOM

Oh yeah, almost forgot, if you're new to ToT then don't forget to download the patch... or you won't be able to build spaceships, I think.
              Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; July 2, 2001, 22:22.
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Oh, one more thing, I guess everone´s supposed to take only a day or two before passing it on? If so, please start after 10 July.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

perhpas i should get a copy of ToT just so i can join this !!
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by JoeK
                    C'mon people... doesn't anyone else want to play?

Joe.
                    I'll give it a bash

Deity or Emperor are fine by me, though I'd prefer to avoid ICS it turns the late game into a logistical nightmare. (and it's unesthetic....
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

All right! STYOM & Thoth gives us 5 which will give us a good start. I should get the game up and running around Wednesday the 11th.

Thoth, I'm not a big fan of ICS either, but that is the neat thing about succession games. You only have 20 turns and then you pass it on. You can continue or change the game you receive.

Here are the players so far:

MBloomIII
                      JoeK
                      Mercator
                      STYOM
                      Thoth
                      makka
                      Hydey
                      Last edited by MBloomIII; July 11, 2001, 15:58.
                      Here's a link.

Comment

Cool by me... what settings are we playing on? Same as in your original post, MBloomIII?

Re ICS: what end game? heheh... a horde of dragoons tends to shorten the game. Anyway, I'm cool with it either way, ICS or not. I won't sell all your improvements when it's my turn

STYOM
                        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                          Cool by me... what settings are we playing on? Same as in your original post, MBloomIII?

Re ICS: what end game? heheh... a horde of dragoons tends to shorten the game. Anyway, I'm cool with it either way, ICS or not. I won't sell all your improvements when it's my turn

STYOM
                          LOL. Thanks for the assurance. It's happened before in succession games.

This should be fun.
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Is there room for one more hapless wouldbe leader with little TOT experience? I do have a lot of CivII experience and an expansionist attitude.
                            "Spelling....... I thought that only Mages did that."

Comment

Any chance of squeezing Hydey in this game.
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X