No announcement yet.

Info: Settlers/Engineers (GL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the link with me, but someone else (Xin Yu?) discovered that the first worker "passes" his work points on to the second worker. If you then "deactivate" (get the work order off the shield by clicking once after the work has been passed) the first worker and activate a third worker, the second worker will pass the two accumulated work points on to the third. Stacks of 5 or 10 workers can do jobs in one or two turns in this manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Elephant
      I don't have the link with me, but someone else (Xin Yu?) discovered that the first worker "passes" his work points on to the second worker. If you then "deactivate" (get the work order off the shield by clicking once after the work has been passed) the first worker and activate a third worker, the second worker will pass the two accumulated work points on to the third. Stacks of 5 or 10 workers can do jobs in one or two turns in this manner.
      I never cease to be amazed by the inginuity shown by the experts in this game. I'm not sure whether I'll ever have an opportunity to use this trick, but its worth knowing.

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by this statement in section 1.2

(Regular military units apparently just rob whatever homesteads they pass of their food.)

Sorry if I'm being obtuse

Thanks to SlowThinker for the page 2 (#54) file link!

The collection and maintenance of this information is a great service and much appreciated. THANKS!!!
        Last edited by GabrielGL; July 25, 2009, 01:18. Reason: detail clarification

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielGL View Post
          I don't understand what you mean by this statement in section 1.2

(Regular military units apparently just rob whatever homesteads they pass of their food.)
          I think this is just a joke to explain why you have to "feed" (support with food) engies/settlers but not the rest of your army. The saying is "Armies march on their stomachs". Apparently not in CivII!

Comment

Working...
          X