No announcement yet.

The Future of Scenario League - a Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lurked on the off topic forums here and at CFC on occasions and have posted the odd comment but I can't really see the point of trying to get one over on a fellow poster. If I want banter I get enough of that at work. Doing it on the net just seems a bit sad. Also some of the posters seem pretty sharp and would probably rip me to shreds of I tried to get cute so I'm probably best off staying away from those forums. Besides, it takes up most of my spare time just keeping up with the correspondence I have at the SL and Civ Webring.
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Sorry you've had a negative history w. CFC Chris 62, but that has little impact one way or the other on the success of our move. If you check it out, Scenario League is flourishing there, something we haven't seen on poly for a couple of years.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Like i said, good luck with it, but for me its at an end.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

It's very well Techumseh.
          The following scenarios I have become TOT: Gold Gulch, Historibus, Menelik, Nippon and Boer War (The latter has the problem that Allard H.S. Höfelt requests to be notified of any changes to his scenario, if someone can contact him be nice ... meanwhile I will keep in reserve).
          I will wait until it is running the new site and send them there. I do not think that I have never written to you -Techumseh-, but I want to congratulate you on stage, Red October is my favorite scenario, I added new graphics apart from the excellent units Fairline and I would like to send.
          Saludos,
          Petit
          Attached Files

Comment

Petit
            Do you have an e-mail address for Allard? If not I'm sure he wouldn't mind you converting his scenario or modding it after all these years. In fact I'm sure he would be thrilled if it was given a new lease of life and people were playing it again!
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
            SL INFORMATION THREAD
            CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by gapetit View Post
              It's very well Techumseh.
              The following scenarios I have become TOT: Gold Gulch, Historibus, Menelik, Nippon and Boer War (The latter has the problem that Allard H.S. Höfelt requests to be notified of any changes to his scenario, if someone can contact him be nice ... meanwhile I will keep in reserve).
              I will wait until it is running the new site and send them there. I do not think that I have never written to you -Techumseh-, but I want to congratulate you on stage, Red October is my favorite scenario, I added new graphics apart from the excellent units Fairline and I would like to send.
              Saludos,
              Petit
              Thanks very much, Petit. I put a lot of work into it, so I'm glad someone appreciates it.
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I doubt Allard would care... He was always a nice guy and friendly contributor to these games... Back then it was pretty standard to put something like that in the readme.

That said, if you managed to find him, that'd be great!
                John Petroski
                PetroskiJP@hotmail.com

Comment

Good to see Scenario League has found a good home.

I started out at CFC when I first started playing Civ, its a good site and has fantastic support for the franchise.
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Indeed this seems sad in a way. But it's a good thing this community still lives and that it apparently is doing well at it's new home
                    I must've spent countless hours here with all the scenarios and PBEMs once...
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Oh so I see On to CF then...

Comment

Working...
                      X