No announcement yet.

The Future of Scenario League - a Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this must be at least a year ago if not more, but didn’t someone create a social media site for the “Scenario League”?

With that being said, couldn’t that be an alternative to moving to Civ Fanatics, since if we could get the core of the scenario league on
    social media (and yes I understand the reservations that some have about any form of social media site, and trust me in that I share those reservations of theft of personal information etc.), since it would allow for discussions, posting of graphic files and just about everything else that we could need, without a major requirement for setting up a whole new forum, which will probably be dominated by the members who currently post here.

Anyhow, just a thought...
    Please put Asher on your ignore list.
    Please do not quote Asher.
    He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

What is a social media site?
      "Wit is educated insolence".
      -Aristotle.

Comment

Sites such as the Facebook.
        Please put Asher on your ignore list.
        Please do not quote Asher.
        He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

I think a lot of the members here would agree with me that they are quite happy with the internet forum setup we have been using for all these years and are so familiar with. The SL Forum at CFC is pretty much up and running now so there is no real need to re-invent the wheel.

Civ2 Group on Facebook
          Our very own Scenario League group on Facebook.
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
          SL INFORMATION THREAD
          CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

I can't find the forum on the Civfanatics website. It's hideen now or somesuch?

Comment

It is hidden at the moment while we set everything up but I believe it will be unhidden at some point this weekend. We will post a link here as soon as it is ready.
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Well I am certainly glad I checked back in to see how things were going, otherwise I may not have learned of the move over to Civ II Fanatics. Since I'm not an active member anymore my opinion doesn't hold much weight I realize, but for what it's worth I think Techumseh and company's idea is the best plan for the survival of this community and to ensure it's existance in the future, and I truly am glad that devoted supporters of Civ II continue to ensure that there WILL be a future.

Amazing work to all of you !

Comment

For those waiting for notification, It has been unhidden!

Comment

Yes the move is now complete. Of course this forum can still be used to discuss Civ2 and Civ2 Scenario creation, it just isn't the Scenario League anymore.
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

I've been here for many years, often lurking, sometimes posting a graphic mod... sometimes posting a comment..

Well...

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

For now at least.

Comment

I'm sorry to see its gone.

Never going to post at CFC.

The league was good while it lasted, but i suppose all good things come to an end.
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Definitely the end of an era
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62 View Post
                            I'm sorry to see its gone.

Never going to post at CFC.

The league was good while it lasted, but i suppose all good things come to an end.
                            Up to you weather you post at CFC or not but the Scenario League has most definitely not come to an end, if anything this move has strengthened it and expanded its membership! I hope you change your mind about posting at the SL again in the future. Peace!
                            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

I have a bad history with CFC McMonkey, I was the off topic moderator there years ago, as well as running their creation forums way back when.

Going there is returning to things i'd rather not relive.

As far as I'm concerned, the league is done if that's its new home.

Besides, its not like I have contributed much the last few years, I say good luck and I hope its everything you hope for.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Yeah, Off Topic kills all the good belief in people... :/ Sad to hear

Comment

Working...
                                X