Fairline, Sarsstock, many others...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairline, Sarsstock, many others...

So what happened to these many gentlemen? I know Fairline has taken a leave of sorts. Hopefully he wasn't imprisoned for hooliganism. Sarsstock disappeared after he got married. Hopefully he wasn't transported to a South Pacific island with no intertubes, er I mean internets. And the other old timers. I'm sure Mercator lurks around every so often? Where did these guys go?

Civers never die, they just fade away...then one day have a game for nostalgic value and get hooked again
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

I've been around since the days of Jesus Balsinde, Blackclove and Harlan Thompson. People come and go (except me, I guess). It's always a bit sad when a regular contributer departs, but it seems sooner or later it's inevitable. Sometimes they say goodbye, but more often they just fade away, as Drew says. So far, great new members always seem to arrive to keep the place going.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I remember that Fairline wrote that he was taking a break for a couple of months. So I still hoping that he will come back again. Maybe this year
        American War of Independence
        A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

Comment

Given that the game is now about 14 years old its surprising that there are sill so many people around I'm hanging out for Civ 5 (Civ 4 never really clicked for me, for some reason).
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

14 years..

Makes me feel old. Is it really that long? I have played every Civilization so far. Can't stop now..

Would be nice if the old masters did return.

Comment

I would be interested to find out what project Fairline is currently working on. He may not be working on Civ2 at the moment but I would bet my last dollar he's drawing superb mini units for some game or another
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

At least Civilization Revolution for iPhone kicks ass
                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

I have been busy with freelance colouring work in comics for the last months, and had to take a break from CIV2, but I would never abandon CIV2 or you chaps (even with the new UGLY site)...! I am, in fact, putting together the final touches (events/text tweaks) on my latest scenario...
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good news, Ciaran!
                    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain View Post
                      At least Civilization Revolution for iPhone kicks ass

And I happened to see it on a weekend where it was free! Score!

Hi Everybody.

Comment

Of all the Civs, 2 was the easiest to modify, so it still lives.

So many scenarios and they still make more, but i never did actually finsih making one.
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Hello chaps

How is everybody? In fact where is everybody? What's the latest news - any scenarios being worked on? And who painted 'Poly a nasty shade of black and orange? My eyes hurt now....

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
                          I would be interested to find out what project Fairline is currently working on. He may not be working on Civ2 at the moment but I would bet my last dollar he's drawing superb mini units for some game or another
                          I'm a bit predictable Drew Haven't touched psp in 6 months, but the last bank holiday was a sh1tty one, so I dl'ed some of the latest PeG mods (You've got to get them now; they're self-installing exe's with all the necessary files/maps/campaigns included. One click and you're good to go). Started tinkering with the icons for IDF general, and next thing I know I have a score of the little beggars. Here's the link to the latest PeG installers (WW2, modern, ACW, Napoleonic):

http://www.pegww2.net/Pages/install.htm

Harry, tech, Arth, Curt, Case, FMK (!), c2u: good to see you!
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Good to hear from you Gareth! I will definitely be checking out the IDF campaigns. I remember being addicted to PEG a year or two back but found downloading all the various mods a bit time consuming and tricky. I don't think I ever got the WWI campaign to work properly. These new bundled campaigns will make things a lot easier!
                            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
                              .... I will definitely be checking out the IDF campaigns. I remember being addicted to PEG a year or two back but found downloading all the various mods a bit time consuming and tricky. I don't think I ever got the WWI campaign to work properly. These new bundled campaigns will make things a lot easier!
                              Yep, they're very easy to install now - it's a single exe with nothing else needed. If you do get the IDF one, I have a modgen file with my icons in it, if you don't mind single view sprites rather than multi view. Let me know if you want it.
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Working...
                              X